Hello from snowy Aberdeen :) - update page 3!

Hi all,

My name is Rick and i was directed here from the PH forum after looking for info about possible car change, one of the buying options is a 350z and was told this is the place to be :).

I am 30 and live around Aberdeen in Jockland, currently punt about in a 2.0 TDI A3 which is nice n all, if a bit glum.

Past chariots have included prelude VTEC, Integra Type R DC-2, couple of MR-2's, 318IS, a VR6 mk3 golf....yeah..i know....and various rot boxes of my youth.

However i am now at a point where i am looking for something more fancy and to keep for a few years.

The main candidates are:

1 series coupe BMW 125i or 123d,

Z4 3.0 SI

Honda Civic Type R

350Z GT

Audi TT Mk1 sport or TT Mk2 VR6

So some scope for choice.

There is a few 350z's near me, all of which i think are GT cars (leather and bose) but some dont have rays alloys?

One i have seen is sitting at £9k with 30k miles, dark silver, only issue is seats are an odd sort of vindaloo\bad day in loo colour of yellowy brown. other than that looks lovely. But there are 2 £13k cars bit further away one silver with red leather seats or a black car with black interior.

However not sure they are worth an extra £4k.

So lots to think about...also moving from a 35 mile commute to a 70 mile commute....and getting a 3.5 v6...MADNESS hehe.

Hope to get lots of info and make my choice, 350 or Z4 are the desired choices, but sanity may dictate a disel euro box :(

Edited by Rick_1138

:welcome: There are plenty out there and the prices vary considerably. The didn't all have Rays but they are worth having as are considerably lighter.

One advantage of the Zed is they are rarer so you don't see one every 5 minutes.

GT is normally leather heated seats, Bose and Cruise Control.

• Like 1

Yeah i am seeing a fir few about, though up here, setting Auto trader at 200 miles only takes to Glasgow, then its national, go about 250 miles and the numbers jump up lots, but id rather not be doing 400 mile round trips to see cars too often.

I am pretty open in my spec, colour wise i am happy with silver, black or blue, interiors almost all have leather and bose i have seen.

Allow wise i can always buy a set of aftermarket rays and fit them for summer use :)

I went through the exact choices you're going through and considered all of the cars you've looked at - reasons I got the 350z:

1 series - looks a bit ungainly, not as good interior as you might expect, diesel is the only one worth getting (euuugh diesel)

Civic - Good car to be honest, but I felt gave the wrong impression to others (people presume boy racer)

Z4 - Nice car, similar interior quality to 1series, you'd have to get convertible though (and my friend has one so ruled this out)

TT 3.2 V6 - Sounds 'quite' nice, really nice interior - probably going to be replaced soon so expect value to drop, doesn't look as good as the 350z.

I haven't really regretted my decision except a couple of times where giving a lift to multiple people would have been helpful :)

I picked the 350z mainly because of the looks - the fact it has the highest power of all the cars you've mentioned is just a bonus. And it sounds the best

I went through the exact choices you're going through and considered all of the cars you've looked at - reasons I got the 350z:

1 series - looks a bit ungainly, not as good interior as you might expect, diesel is the only one worth getting (euuugh diesel)

Civic - Good car to be honest, but I felt gave the wrong impression to others (people presume boy racer)

Z4 - Nice car, similar interior quality to 1series, you'd have to get convertible though (and my friend has one so ruled this out)

TT 3.2 V6 - Sounds 'quite' nice, really nice interior - probably going to be replaced soon so expect value to drop, doesn't look as good as the 350z.

I haven't really regretted my decision except a couple of times where giving a lift to multiple people would have been helpful :)

I picked the 350z mainly because of the looks - the fact it has the highest power of all the cars you've mentioned is just a bonus. And it sounds the best

Thanks for that, much the same thought process as myself.

Why would i have to get a convertible z4 though? Would be a coupe i am looking at, though its about £12k for the silver one i liked.

Will have a look at a 350z at the dealer i bought the audi from at weekend if its still there, get a seat in it, they may even let me test drive as they let me away in the audi last time, and i bought it.

Thanks for the friendly welcome folks.

Hopefully going to have a look at a local gunmetal car on sunday.

I have only sat in a 370z black edition so want to see what seats are like to be in and the likes of head room, is it dark inside etc.

I sat in a Mini Coupe the other day, was like sitting in the cupboard under the stairs!

Only issue with this one is it has the orangeish leather seats, gerknob and steering wheel panel, i could live with the seats but the steering wheel and handbrake look bad.

Spose i could retrim, next near car i like is £4k dearer, so you can do a lot with £4k!

Like buy a house i hear the GF cry......sigh

Welcome! Good luck with the search - you won't regret it :)

I might regret orange leather seats though lol.

Hopefully fuelbills wont ruin me, but its not a huge issue with 70 miles a day need to think hard about the cist of a 25 avg mpg car

Welcome Rick, fair few of us up this way so be sure to give a wave. I found mine locally which was lucky but don't be put off travelling if the perfect one for you is a bit further away. I just picked up a new car from Brighton which i'm pretty sure is the furthest point in the UK from Aberdeen! Also if you do find one that's further away i'm sure there's someone on the forum who lives nearby and could have a look to save a wasted trip.