Hello from snowy Aberdeen :) - update page 3!

Well took the brave pills n placed a deposit on the 313 GT car with nismo kit.

Barring any shenanigans with tesco I should be sorting out collection next weekend.

I took the car out for a brief test ride and it felt crisp and tight, didn't have the twitchiness or looseness that the other car had in the steering, felt more compliant and even over bumpy potholed roads the 18" wheels didn't crash or anything.

Car has good recent service history, only questions are clutch and plug changes, clutch may be needed but it felt okay not snatchy or any slipping, plugs could be easy enough to change in a weekend if needed.

Checked all the bits worked like air con, sat nav came on and was in English always a plus! Rear boot stayed up easily, though the button was a pest to find haha.

Main jobs are swap the induction pancake filters back to standard boxes, I always feel they never make a massive diff tbh, get wheel centre caps and give a damn good wash, always best way to bond I find.

Then put fuel in it so I get into the rhythm of coming from a 45mpg diesel to a 25mpg super unleaded car! Oh god

Nice one. You'll forget about the MPG's within the first five miles! ;)

Yeah but it's the next 500 miles I worry about lol.

Going from a 35 mile commute a day to a 65 mile one and halving my fuel economy, not sure I'm playing this game properly, oh and adding 100 to rent with a move.

Hmm at least it puts a smile on my face whenever I see it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a bit of as faff i will hopefully be picking the car up monday next week or so.

Really looking forward to it, bar any issues with bank transfers etc.

Just getting a little peed off at the constant moaning from folk about fuel economy and that i am daft, and that taking out a personal loan to buy a car is really stupid and i should buy a £2k car to potter about in, and i should have had a mortgage 5 years ago apparently, even though i was with a cow of an ex GF and everyones life is exactly the same circumstances...ggrrrrr

Why do pople have to spoil nice things

Well after a bit of as faff i will hopefully be picking the car up monday next week or so.

Really looking forward to it, bar any issues with bank transfers etc.

Just getting a little peed off at the constant moaning from folk about fuel economy and that i am daft, and that taking out a personal loan to buy a car is really stupid and i should buy a £2k car to potter about in, and i should have had a mortgage 5 years ago apparently, even though i was with a cow of an ex GF and everyones life is exactly the same circumstances...ggrrrrr

Why do pople have to spoil nice things

Ignore them matey, if they want to be boring let them get on with it, just enjoy yourself while you can :thumbs:

Picked her up yesterday and began the ritual of putting fuel in....

Lovely thing to drive, but am just pottering about at the moment to get used to it, dont want to have the epitaph of "watch this". lol.

will need a bonding session of a wash at the weekend and a read of the manual to see how it all works, at least the fuel cap button was easy to find :)

I know it's a bit later than the initial post but I figured I would give my thoughts of your list of potential cars:

1 series coupe BMW 125i or 123d - Reliable cars, but very expensive to fix/service. You also have to face the reality that they aren't the top of the range (1M) model - and people generally don't have a high opinion of those who drive BMWs/Audis (stereotypically speaking).

Z4 3.0 SI - Once again, I also considered this before buying my Zed - but one great thing you get with the Zed is the timeless styling due to the fact that they will not make another '350z' whereas they update the Z4 and it will therefore age.

Honda Civic Type R - VERY dependant on which model you're thinking about: If you get the EP3, it is a phenomenal car! My brother has one, which I drive occasionally... handles like a dream, sounds great - a real drivers car! However, not as powerful or fun as the Zed. If going for the FN2 (newer model) all I can say is: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. It's slower than the EP3, feels sluggish, understeers like a b*tch too! Nicer interior, but overall, they cheaped out on it and as a result it's terrible.

350Z GT - I am the owner of a 2004 350Z GT pack and I gotta say, fantastic car. I actually had a poll with it and the other options with women before I made my purchase. Women are the best judges of style - The contenders were Mazda RX-8, Alfa Romeo Brera, and 350Z. Despite the Brera being a great looking car, an overwhelming majority of women sided with the 350Z. ;)

Audi TT Mk1 sport or TT Mk2 VR6 - Hairdressers car