An afternoon on track @ Snetterton - Vid added

Sam Mcgoo

Well I was a bit bored this morning and remembered that I had a Club MSV voucher to use, so went about looking for a suitable date to book.

My local track being Snetterton, I looked there first and saw that they had one on today which annoyed me a bit as it would have been a perfect day for it.

Although I'd missed the start I decided to give them a bell and see if there was any chance they would let me attend the afternoon sessions. The guy on the phone said as they weren't that busy he couldn't see it being a problem. :yahoo:

So I gave my car a good look over and checked tyres, wheel nuts, fluids etc...and was on my way.

I'm so glad I went on the spur of the moment, it was a perfect day- dry, with the sun shining and air still nice and cool. B)

Although a good 45 min drive down, there was no 'decent' petrol stations on the way so arrived at the track with half a tank of petrol - Just enough for a few sessions.

I went and signed on and noise tested (94dB @5krpm) and only got charged £35 for the remaining sessions...Bargain!

Anyway....the Zed performed brilliantly. :) I had been there before (last year) but was suffering with VERY high oil temps (138DegC) and had only had the car re-tuned days before so was watching my gauges more than the track and was a bit worried about the car.

This time I enjoyed it so much more. After a couple of laps I was satisfied that all was OK - the oil temps didn't go above above 110*C (after fitting a cooler) so I just enjoyed the drive. :drive1

Other cars there included mx5, caterhams, lotus, clios, BMWs, Scoobys, Cayman S etc... I'm happy to say nothing passed me. ;)

Here's a few pics of me on track, and I'll sort out a video tomorrow.

LMP_7209_1400-1415_zps70bb68ae.jpg

LMP_7212_1400-1415_zpsda6d2c57.jpg

LMP_7218_1400-1415_zps9c53ad2a.jpg

LMP_7388_1400-1415_zps9498e456.jpg

LMP_7394_1400-1415_zps3e22b6fe.jpg

LMP_7397_1400-1415_zps7185c435.jpg

LMP_8330_1500-1515_zps2e806883.jpg

LMP_8412_1500-1515_zpsd8d14dcf.jpg

LMP_8472_1500-1515_zpsbd9de2ce.jpg

LMP_8475_1500-1515_zpsbb0ae080.jpg

Vid to follow....

Edit - Vid

Here is a vid of a few laps, not many exotic cars I'm afraid but they were the more interesting laps to watch as there were cars to overtake for the first couple.

My most aggressive driving was probably the last lap ( about 5 mins into clip) as there were no cars in the way and I was most confident.

Please excuse the couple of missed gear changes :blush: The car didn't seem to like going from 2nd to 3rd once it had hit the limiter :doh:

Edited by Sam Mcgoo
  • Like 1

Although a good 45 min drive down, there was no 'decent' petrol stations on the way so arrived at the track with half a tank of petrol - Just enough for a few sessions.

I went and signed on and noise tested (94dB @5krpm) and only got charged £35 for the remaining sessions...Bargain!

94dB.. please tell me how!! :O

Looks like you had a fun day, looking forward to seeing the video

looks like you had a fun filled afternoon B)

Looks like you had a great day, looking forward to seeing the video too... :)

:thumbs:

Looking forwards to the vid :)

Bargain opportunity and a supurb weather day for the s/c to help make sure little was going to trouble you and will be interesting to see the passes you made. ;)

And your ZED always looks the part B)

Cheers guys, yeah had a great afternoon. Video uploading to youtube now.

Bugger, I'd have popped down if I'd known!

Well I nearly posted that I was down there, just in case anyone was interested but just thought being late notice and a weekday that no-one would be about. :doh:

Perfect day by the look of the photos. Took mine round Oulton on Saturday and cooked the brakes. How did yours cope at Snetterton and are they standard?

My brake set up is Brembo calipers, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, DBA T3 Discs, HEL lines and RBF600 fluid. Could not fault them! This is the second track day I've done with them and absolutely no issues. No, fade, vibration, solid pedal all the time.

Its a 3 mile lap with some high speed braking from 140ish to 50ish and inspired confidence.

I was only doing 15 minute runs at a time and cooling between.

94dB.. please tell me how!! :O

Japspeed Decats, Invidia G200 True dual with mid pipe silencers. It is nice and quite when crusing or there is no load on the engine But Growls plenty when at WOT!

Infact one of the marshals came to me afterwards and said 'Your car sounds ANGRY!' :lol:

Video and excuses ;) added to first post. :)

_ Here is a vid of a few laps, not many exotic cars I'm afraid but they were the more interesting laps to watch as there were cars to overtake for the first couple.

My most aggressive driving was probably the last lap ( about 5 mins into clip) as there were no cars in the way and I was most confident.

Please excuse the couple of missed gear changes :blush: The car didn't seem to like going from 2nd to 3rd once it had hit the limiter :doh:

Edited by Sam Mcgoo

Looks like the car was going well there! Snetterton looks like it's got a few nice straights to get the full benefit of that power :D Is it a killer on the pads? What speeds did you see there? Sounds lovely! Can't wait to have my baby back doing some trackwork! Anything you want to change/upgrade afterwards? (always good to know) :D

Edited by andlid

Nice vid Sam - bet that S2000 owner was a bit miffed at the rate of knots you swept by him :lol:

Cheers Colin, yeah a bit miffed but not as much as the modified scooby and cayman s from session 1, unfortunately I recorded that on my rear facing bullet cam which only recorded for 24 seconds before it broke. I :-(