An afternoon on track @ Snetterton - Vid added

Sam Mcgoo

Good track snetterton, I liked it when I drove it

Yeah, its a pretty good mix now they have put all the twisties in, I assume it was the 300 circuit you went on?

Looks like the car was going well there! Snetterton looks like it's got a few nice straights to get the full benefit of that power :D Is it a killer on the pads? What speeds did you see there? Sounds lovely! Can't wait to have my baby back doing some trackwork! Anything you want to change/upgrade afterwards? (always good to know) :D

Its got 2 pretty long straights, the longest of which I was getting 130-140mph depending on entrance speed and bottle on the brakes. The brakes didn't seem to suffer at all, but I was doing 15 min sessions with plenty of cool down time.

Upgrades - well ....the front tyres...Since I got the car it has had a pair of Nexan N6000 on the front with a couple of pairs of Bridgestone RE050A on the rear (don't tell Dan (Ekona) please) :lol: although they were MUCH better than I expected they did start to wash out and understeer on the later laps....so better tyres on the front first.

I didn't have a problem with the handling at all, but I would think some better ARB's would be a good thing if I'm gonna start with regular track days. I'm on stock suspension but will have to live with that as I can't afford to be any lower. For the amount of time I spend on track that's fine.

Nice one Sam!

Not been to Snettrerton before.

Looks like there are a few long straights to stretch ones Supercharged legs!!

Yeah its a good track, 3 miles long a couple of long straights and some good infield twisties.

Thanks for the pointer on the brakes- there was a supercharged 350Z at Oulton (500bhp+ apparently) and fully race prepped the only difference he had from your set up were EBC slotted discs although the DBAs are getting good reports- i've ordered my HEL lines from Zmanalex and should have a proper set up by the weekend.

Still jealous about the Vortech though :thumbs:

I've got pretty much exact setup as you Sam in terms of braking and even s/c setup.

I went to lydden hill over the weekend (I think my friends garden is longer then that track! :lol:) - And suffered from severe braking vibration which I need to get checked out.

Good to see you're enjoying yourself though, thanks for uploading the vid. Defo need to do something about my exhaust setup. It's way too loud! :)

Great photos and video. Zed sounds great.

I'm about 15 mins from Snetterton and have been toying with doing a track day or two there over the summer.

Looks like a great track, can't wait to get something booked up.

Depending which way you come, there are a few garages with Ultimate/Optimax etc

Be interested to see what too speed I get out of a std set up, can't see me roasting S2000's!!

I've got pretty much exact setup as you Sam in terms of braking and even s/c setup.

I went to lydden hill over the weekend (I think my friends garden is longer then that track! :lol:) - And suffered from severe braking vibration which I need to get checked out.

Good to see you're enjoying yourself though, thanks for uploading the vid. Defo need to do something about my exhaust setup. It's way too loud! :)

Sounds like your discs may be slightly warped. Maybe you can get then skimmed.

Great photos and video. Zed sounds great.

I'm about 15 mins from Snetterton and have been toying with doing a track day or two there over the summer.

Looks like a great track, can't wait to get something booked up.

Depending which way you come, there are a few garages with Ultimate/Optimax etc

Be interested to see what too speed I get out of a std set up, can't see me roasting S2000's!!

Get yourself booked in, you won't regret it! :drive1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice vid Sam - bet that S2000 owner was a bit miffed at the rate of knots you swept by him :lol:

The guy has actually commented on my video :lol:http://www.youtube.c...s?v=7wCBh2McAOo

I can be seen passing him in his video @ about 7mins.

Lol awesome, watched your video when you first posted it and seeing it from his POV just made me giggle hearing your exhaust and you pulling away like a train :lol:

Edited by Humpy