My 350Z machine polished!

ho02pey90

Hi guys and girls! went on a bit of a spending spree last week and went detailing crazy! haha, ill list the products that i used and what order they were used in took me and my mate about 10 hours!

IMG_0032.jpg

485194_10200603326665286_477670452_n.jpg

Started of by washing the car with Meguiars gold class using a washing mitt and cleaned the wheels with meguiars alloy wheel cleaner with an alloy wheel brush cleaner

once all cleaned i drove up and down the street to get most of the water off then dried with meguiars micro fibre towels

once all dry we pulled the car inside the garage and started to clay bar the car using meguairs clay kit with the meguiars detailer

once all the car was clayed the surface was nice, smooth and clean! i was surprised how much muck and grit the clay bar pulled off the car!

now it was time to start the polishing so i got my new meguiars v220 machine polisher out and started with the stage 1 meguiars paint cleaner polishing it all in using the yellow polishing pad then wiping of to buff up by hand on 1 panel at a time

same steps repeated with the stage 1 paint cleaner again but with the meguiars stage 2 polish

now for the stage 3 meguiars deep crystal carnauba wax, i read a few reviews on this wax and people were put of by it but i thought i would give it a try and use stage 1,2,3 together. i worked it all in with the machine polisher with the black buffing pad on, i left it on the whole car for around an hour then applied the smear test and it was ready to get buffed off, i went round the car twice to make sure all the wax was buffed off.

now it was time to clean the windows and head/rear lights using the meguairs next gen glass cleaner what smelt really nice! haha and get rid of any of the polish or wax that had spilt on to the windows.

I then applied the meguiars tyre gel and was very impressed by the gloss look on the tyre.

i then applied the trim restore to the grill in the bottom of the bumper and to the plastic trim on the wing mirror plates.

and finally to finish off i polished the exhaust with meguiars metal polish and some wire wool.

Earlier in the week i also used the headlight restoration kit as one of the headlights was fading and it worked a treat!

here are some pics just after the car was washed and dried and then the next morning all complete!

AFTER THE WASH AND DRY

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0022-1.jpg

IMG_0021-1.jpg

ALL COMPLETE

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

• Like 1

Sshwing! Shame to drive it now, just use it as a driveway trophy for a few days...

Im driving up to scotland from sunderland tomorrow so the cars gonna get manky! but should be able to give it a quick wash when i get back and it will be shining hopefully the wax does its job properly!

that looks amazing, the black is so good

washed mine the other day, bird sh!t across the roof inside about 10 minutes, I was so pleased it was just a quick wash and not the full detail - I'd have been screwin'

haha aww nightmare mate! yea we did it in my mates garage incase of birds or if it started to rain! haha