Did you get a Valentine?

twobears

They were doing annonymous valentine card things at my work... I got one (assuming from someone I know)...saying

"I hope one day you will love me as much as you love your car... X " ....

:lol: :lol: ....but the best bit is, if you got a card handed out they gave you a fancy cupcake! WIN! lol

Look at what card I got!! she even told me it was 25p!! it reads inside Loves cost's nothing so there's no need for an expensive card! pfftt lol

this can't be real surely?! :lol:

Asda do value cards which are similar to that. Not that ive bought them before... ahem.

I would love to see Metallica

I saw them at the NEC... must have been around 2003? Not bad, but not as good as when I saw Megadeth!

Edited by rabbitstew

I've heard Duff's one is also very good, but not got around to reading that one yet.

Just need to finish off Steven Tylers first and Duff's is next on my list!

Duffs one was very good. Steven Adlers was a bit boring he came over as being too up himself, Keith Richards was mega boring, Lemmys was pretty good, Ozzys was interesting - although Sharons told you more about what he was really like, Motley Crue's was an eye opener, Nikki Sixx`s was a bit confusing.. more because it was in a diary format rather than a proper book. Very shocking the stuff he did, probably more hardcore reading than the others. Slash`s was pretty good, Ive just finished Toni Iommi`s and that wasnt too bad. Not as extreme as some, but very funny in places.

Ive not got much else to do in the evenings........ :(

we don't do Valentines day cards here in the Squee household so no cards for me however I've been bought a Kumquat plant following a romantic trip to Aldi which I'm delighted with. Rock n roll aye?!?

Love the shoes Annie, they're very pretty ;)

S.

• Like 1

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day in this house either - too much commercial twaddle. I sometimes treat myself to asda's pink roses, they cost £10, over the past week, they are £20!!!

I've always told the other half if he wants to tell me he's having an affair, he can buy me a valentine card. Not sure what would hit the bottom of the stairs first, him or the card!! We live in a 3rd floor flat.

PS. Twobears - love the shoes, very Vivienne Westwood looking.

• Like 1

I didn't :( Not really bothered though because my husband had bought me the wacky, tweed high heels that I coveted in Macy's :D I would post a pic but there aren't enough women here to admire them (or hate them because they are rather odd as shoes go :blush: ). So, what did everyone else get? Or buy for their partner?

There are plenty of women here now (and the numbers are growing every day) to admire shoes, so always always post pics! Love the shoes by the way but wouldn't recommend driving the zed in them :lol:

Thanks girls for the nice comments on the shoes :) Definitely not going to try driving in them unless I want to crash before I've even left the drive! Actually my Mum did that once when she drove in heels. She managed to demolish a small wall and her face looked like this when she got out of the car :blush: My Dad's face looked more like this :angry:

Well, I took a bit of a punt and put together pan fried duck with a homemade strawberry/raspberry/plum/honey sauce along with good old fashion roast potatoes and rosemary. Followed it up with butterscotch ice cream and strawberries along with a glass of prosecco (Becks actually likes this more than champers and not being tight!).

It was going fabulously well right up until 20 minutes ago when our little 'un decided he wants to stay up all night and play with his toys....Becks is up there right now with a bottle of milk trying to get him to drop off... :surrender: