Which new models are uglier than their predecessors?

HEADPHONES

To get us started, I didn't think the Subaru salloons weren't achingly gorgeous but the newer hatchbacks do nothing for me visually.

I also thought the RX7 was wayyy better looking than the RX8.

What cars do you think looked better back in the days?

Edited by HEADPHONES

E30 over e36 although both are great looking cars. Still like e39's or e60's.

Lupos look better than fox's.

Hawkeye impreza looks better than current one and evo 6-7-8 look better than the 10 IMO.

Hawkeye and evo, I'd agree. Evo 8 was my favourite.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

First BMW 1 series was bearable. New one is gash

New sciricco is not a patch on the old school scirocco and corrado

New merc ML is horrible compared to the older one

Not the biggest focus fan but the new one is proper gay compared to the older one

There are loads more but I'm tired :lol:

First BMW 1 series was bearable. New one is gash

New sciricco is not a patch on the old school scirocco and corrado

New merc ML is horrible compared to the older one

Not the biggest focus fan but the new one is proper gay compared to the older one

There are loads more but I'm tired :lol:

Disagree ML's are horrible newer ones are a VAST improvement on looks and quality. Old 1 series looked pregnant new ones especially coupes are really nice.

Vw golf. 5 onwards looks gay

:lol: :lol:...

I agree with the 1 Series comment.... the first one was horrid the facelifted one is also horrid with added "I've had something shoved up my a*rse" look...

MR2! The 'ferrari' like little thing much better than the convertible piece of nonsence that replaced it.

370Z is nice, just whats the deal with things getting shorter? I like the long bonnet look, sportscars shouldn't be 'stubby'...I'll end up buying one after the 350 mind you... :lol:

As much as I hate them anyway but the new SLK, what is with those front lights Merc are using now?? And the rear looks like a Honda, all big red light casing and all...

350z is definitely better looking than a 370z and also a more involving drive...

Didn't know you had driven a 370 over an extended period and have to disagree on the 'drive' preference (both in factory spec) as I have found the 370 as "involving" as the 350. But I agree the 350 look is very special and better than the 370.

Interesting that the body of opinion over a range of cars favours the originals (that I mostly agree with) but disagree with LFR4N about the look of the new Sciricco as I find that a real eye catcher. But how it drives compared to the earlier versions I have no idea.