Do models and cars go together ?

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Models   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Models - Tacky or fair play ?

Its all about how's its used.i think you could get away with 1 or 2 on the home page or on link pages for cars. I.e if you have an image for the s2000 section denoting its the s2000 section, then you could get away with an arty shot of a Car with a lady next to it, or in the shot. But avoid on the product section.

I would personally think that whoever commissioned any 'tits and a targa top' pictures was a bit of a remtard if I'm honest.

All seems a bit 1990 for my liking.

A semi clad woman next to a sexy car or holding a droplink is about as relevant as having a Madagascan Aye Aye holding one. Just because a man is interested it 2 irrelevant unconnected things doesn't mean it'll make him buy it........plus you get to alienate the entire female populous!

• Like 1

Its all about how's its used.i think you could get away with 1 or 2 on the home page or on link pages for cars. I.e if you have an image for the s2000 section denoting its the s2000 section, then you could get away with an arty shot of a Car with a lady next to it, or in the shot. But avoid on the product section.

What he said

I would personally think that whoever commissioned any 'tits and a targa top' pictures was a bit of a remtard if I'm honest.

All seems a bit 1990 for my liking.

A semi clad woman next to a sexy car or holding a droplink is about as relevant as having a Madagascan Aye Aye holding one. Just because a man is interested it 2 irrelevant unconnected things doesn't mean it'll make him buy it........plus you get to alienate the entire female populous!

:shrug: none of you need to try hard to guess my opinion - but Chris here's the thing - we have to face that in the case of the 350 at least it is more likely now that you are selling parts to the younger male who is unlikely to have the capacity to discern between tacky or not - fact is sex sells...on the other hand you will be lumping yourself with the demontweeks types and if I were you (especially with trying to also aim for higher end market with R35 parts) I'd be trying to concentrate on a cleaner image :thumbs:

Is it tacky? Yes

Does it work? Yes

Companies don't tend to waste too much money if they can help it. Hiring models costs money and if it wasn't boosting sales to some extent then they wouldn't do it. It may be a bit skanky or tacky, but it draws your attention for one reason or the other.

Maybe you could have a section called Hot Tarmac.

Get some models in and ask them to select some parts they like the look of. Maybe 10-20%% of your catalogue to keep costs down and the "novelty value"high. On your main site youve have the product and just a "hot tarmac" hyperlink. If someone browses to the item and wants to check out the honey then they hit the hot tarmac button and go to the bespoke page. If not they don't and its office safe.

For people who are on your site but specifically also want to see some hot birds and to understand why Jenny from Rochester - 34D, liked the scorpion exhaust they can go direct to the hot tarmac section and browse (she picked it as she liked the shiney chrome work and subtle dual exit tips.) key is to keep it tasteful. You'd be better of with really hot chicks with what most people would see as just a little too much clothing on.

Id like it !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Shinjuku

KyleR imo, is quite right. I think all those guys who sit here and say "the girl is irrelevent, i never look at her, just the car" is talkin out of his arse. Deny that fact all they want.

IMO. Sex sells, infact thats not an opinion, its recognised as being solid advertising fact. However using sex to sell products also has the unavoidable consequence of catagorising your brand/product at a particular level.

This level is usually set by the quality of the advertising, the models and the photography used.

I think most people would agree that these days, to think Nice car + Girl general conjures up images of the late 20thC when most of the "girls" were generally rather rough and tbh didn't have a clue what they were trying to look sexy next to.

This would be bad for an upmarket high quality company to try and make use of.

That said, there are also many examples of women being used to sell cars and it works really well.

I think that if a company could convince me that the girls in the pictures next to thier products either A. had a genuine vested interest in said product OR B. knew what they were holding/standing next to. Then it could work.

But the model would need to be tastefully dressed, attractive without being obviously plastic or fake. A great Idea would be to use employee's or maybe past customers of products that also happen to be roastingly hot babes! Otherwise, i would think that a big buidget for high quality models and photographers would be required to avoid the tacky stigma

It doesnt work for most things, I dont think it would make sense to have a model holding the next generation fuel pump in her hands or something (although i bet a good photographer could probably prove me wrong here) but if done properly, Sex sells!

• 2 weeks later...

Who was the guy on here that posted pictures of his car with his Mrs next it? I I remember everyone was looking at both and I'm pretty sure she was just wearing a dress not scantily clad or anything. I that worked as it was a bit more classy than the fast and furious look some go for.

Personally I don't think you need a woman to help sell a car part it's never Influenced me. As said as your going for the higher end keep it clean. I most photos with half naked women are tacky imo.

I forgot about that Honda pic...... :yuck::surrender: