Parking Ticket.......let the games begin

Ricey

Pinged for parking at Carla's flat which has no and I do mean NO vistitor parking whatsoever. Parked there on and off since she moved in back in March,

Woke up on Monday to a £50 ticket if paid within 14 days, £80 if left and £125 (I think) if left more than 28 days.

This is where I parked (where the Audi is........not my Audi I might add......this is off Google Street map so its quite clearly a place that people park. I made a reasonable assumption that this was basically the only place to park if you're a visitor (the site is 4 large new modern blocks of apartments).

Capture.png

Their appeals email received this shortly after on Monday!

Good morning,

*Important* at this stage this is not an appeal as no acceptance of a contract breach is implied or accepted at this stage. Further information is required as per the list below to enable consideration of the allegation.

Regarding parking ticket PCN11162 please can you provide the following to enable me to understand the situation further;

• Clarification of what particular breach of contract you perceive to be broken? Your form is non-specific citing a possible 3 variations of breach.
  • Clarification of the ‘car park’ that you believe the breach took place within? ‘Race Course’ is stated on the invoice but this is rather perplexing as the location appears to be the Elan Homes development off Saddlery Way. The ‘car park’ for the Race Course is located in land parcel J1 below.
  • Photographic evidence (subject to clarification of the above point) of either – ‘Parking in Wrong Bay’ (perhaps a definition of what a ‘wrong bay’ is would be useful – assume you mean another individuals designated space?), parking in a ‘Restricted Area’ clearly showing the adequate signage demarcating this as a private area with restricted parking or ‘outside markings of bay’ again showing clearly the demarcation of the bays.
  • Photographic evidence of the perceived breach of contract to include a time and date encryption.
  • Photographic evidence of the adequately lit signage which was/is present in the immediate vicinity to include a time and date encryption.
  • Confirmation of who you are acting as an agent of (i.e the land owner).
  • Confirmation that your client is the land owner. Reference included - the owner of land parcel J4. I would suggest the land registry is the most conclusive way for you to evidence this but I am prepared to accept other documentation in the interest of not being obstructive.

land.png

Alternatively you may rescind the charge notice and the matter will be dropped. Should I not hear from you within 7 days I shall assume that you have dropped the matter and are in full agreement that no contract nor breach of said contract exists.

Kind regards

Paul Rice

Litigation Manager

• Like 1

hahaha.

I got one of these a few years back from Excel parking.

I just ignored all their usual rants and raves from various solicitors.

I would have loved to have had the time to take them on properly, but I knew ignoring them would make them go away just as fast since they don't have a leg to stand on and have never won a single case that has went to court.

Didnt the rules change on private parking enforcement recently?

I know the clamping on private land by private companies is no longer allowed, i assumed the same applied to tickets?!

Oh and nice area with telfords only a very short walk away :)

And to think you could have just ignored it, giving you the result you desire :p

As you have parked illegally you should just pay the fine.

:snack:

:rant: noooooooooo

he hasn't parked illegally, if he had then he would have a fine or penalty from the council or police for his illegal acts. He doesn't, he has some con artist trying to leach money out of him.

I really wish the UK motorist would wake the f' up and realise that they don't just have to bend over and take a dry otter to the arse hole at every turn. If a random guy turned up at your door and told you that, the other day you sat on a bench in his property, you now owe him 50 quid, would you pay him? No, you'd tell him to f' off, this is no different.

Edited by Husky

As you have parked illegally you should just pay the fine.

:snack:

As per the dawg whats illegal about it? Its clearly a parking spot in regular use (reasonable assumption therefore that it is a 'space', its un-numbered and therefore not anyone elses space, its not demarcated as a 'no parking zone', its doesn't have a 'no parking' sign, those signs you can see in the picture are all over the site and of a very generic nature (I.E tell you the consequence of breaching parking conditions but do not set out the parking conditions).

About the biggest case for argument they have is that I have driven over an undropped kerb and a double yellow line to park in the space which could suggest a 'no through route'. Pretty weak ass argument if you ask me.

In terms of it being illegal......it could be perceived to be a breach of contract but there is nothing legal about it. However to be a breach of contract they have to prove that a contract exists (which is normally what a sign would do).