What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

changed my front discs and pads will do the rear tomorrow when it's warmer even though i had to use a puller to get one of the discs off it was really easy took an hour to do both front

IMAG0616_zps9370gxb4.jpg

gradually getting the goodies out of the garage and on to the car

:)

• Like 1

Did the rear discs today here's a quick summary of the procedure for those who don't know

jack up car remove rear wheel/wheels ensure handbrake is off and car out of gear

IMAG0648_zpsei9x65xw.jpg

remove the top R-Clip these are in the wrong way the bent part should be facing out

IMAG0650_zpsscxk4cmg.jpg

and the top pad retaining pin

IMAG0653_zpsup7hqvu6.jpg

then remove the cross shaped pad spring the caliper should now look like this

IMAG0654_zps981ialq1.jpg

since we're changing pads and discs you can put a flat head screwdriver or similar between the pads and disc to push the piston back in since we're not worried about marking the discs being careful that your reservoir doesn't overflow

you may have to put something in the gap you've opened up between the pad and disc to stop the piston pushing back out when you do the other piston

IMAG0655_zpsgqnnypm4.jpg

once this is done remove the lower R-Clip and pin and remove the pads keeping the shims from the back of the pads note how they were fitted as these will be fitted to the new pads

remove the 2 calliper mounting bolts and move the calliper out of the way i used a bungee strap to take the weight of mine as you don't want to leave it hanging from the hydraulic pipe

rotate the disc so that the rubber bung is at the top and remove the bung

IMAG0656_zpsokrxtisa.jpg

this is what's behind the bung

IMAG0659_zpsmimufcwe.jpg

this adjusts the shoes for the handbrake using a flat head screwdriver or similar you need to turn this toothed wheel upwards slackening off the shoes i do mine all the way this has to be done through the hole.

now in an ideal world a few light taps and a bit of pulling and the disc will come off :lol: I had to use a puller on both of mine.

IMAG0658_zpsvyffy69h.jpg

IMAG0644_zpsahwi6uxm.jpg

then its just a case of reversing the procedure not forgetting to torque up the calliper mounting bolts, some copper grease on the back of the pads / shims and before you put the wheel back on adjust the hand brake adjuster back up

i'm sure there's a proper procedure i just turned the wheel down until they started to cause some drag when trying to turn the disc then turned them back a couple of notches seems fine

IMAG0646_zpsdkx3tqkk.jpg

IMAG0647_zpskjujkx3t.jpg

IMAG0663_zpsyd55olyf.jpg

So I'm sure i probably missed something but like i said this is just an overview not a detailed step by step :)

• Like 1

Failed at trying to remove the boot weight today.

Got a lot of the poppers off but then wouldn't come off and couldn't see any more poppers.

ended up getting frustrated and decided to leave it for another day and then when putting it back in snapped the point that goes over the catch :rant:

IMG_0264_zps2f11a1c2.jpg

Failed at trying to remove the boot weight today.

Got a lot of the poppers off but then wouldn't come off and couldn't see any more poppers.

ended up getting frustrated and decided to leave it for another day and then when putting it back in snapped the point that goes over the catch :rant:

Same thing happened to mine when I was putting it back on. Pretty pathetic how weak the plastic there was tbh.

Can't really see it though & tbh I had totally forgotten about it until I just read your post. You could try epoxy to repair the plastic if it bothers you at all. ;)

• Like 1

The bass from these beauties are unreal. Now installed and they push so much air into the back of the seats its unbelevable. Mind you the 800 watt amp helps. Helps too to line the body behind the panel with sound deadening material.

I had some dynamat and thought hang on... this is so similar to the foil back foam you get for laminate flooring. Slightly less denser but by damn does the same job and is extremely cheap.

Centre dash is now off ready for painting. Pics to follow.

• Like 1

IMG-20150130-WA0006.jpeg

:scare: :scare: Still get some use out of that then! :scare:

:scare: - Pretty much my reaction when I saw it!

Never knew the condition of it was that bad, its not like you can easily see it from anywhere easily. I took the bumper off to sort my lights out and noticed this and got a new filter ASAP...I have never seen an air filter in such a disgraceful state in my life!

Bl**dy hell. :surrender:

Can you not reroute the filter into a better position?

Just seems an odd place for it to be as it's behind the front wheel arch which as you can see has vents in it so no doubt your new filter will go the same way due to water being able to soak it easily.

I have mine routed just behind the bumper for my supercharged Zed which should work for you too I'd image. This was what it looked like part way through the build....

HorshamDevelopments3_zpsb827353c.jpg

Guide here on how to do it ~ Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...air-intake-cai/

:thumbs:

I remember back from my Honda days that there is a hydroshield thing you can buy its a cover that goes over your filter that blocks out water but lets in air...

• Like 1

I remember back from my Honda days that there is a hydroshield thing you can buy its a cover that goes over your filter that blocks out water but lets in air...

Yep you can still get the Hydroshields/socks, ...personally I'm not a fan of them but that is definitely a cheaper easier option then rerouting the air filter.

Link: http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=NISSAN&model=350Z&year=&level1=AIR+INDUCTION&level2=INTAKE+%26+FILTER+ACCESSORIES&level3=&id_product=4413

:thumbs:

• Like 1

They look awesome! How do the tyres fit, are they gonna be ok?

Short answer no going to have to roll the rear or add camber no biggie

With the 245 rears?

Ahhhh I see, was gonna say surely you'd have gotten away with 245's

They look awesome! How do the tyres fit, are they gonna be ok?

Short answer no going to have to roll the rear or add camber no biggie

With the 245 rears?

Ahhhh I see, was gonna say surely you'd have gotten away with 245's

just taken it for a test run (with coilovers on rock hard) and they dont seem to rub so going to start turning them down till they do

• Like 1