What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Fitted a nice aftermarket gearknob and gaiter as well

Hnza0G5.jpg

Not as hard as I thought it would be, hardest part was finding the shaft of the knob (!!!) to hold - it had some plastic thing around it that I had to break off.

Also installed my D1 spec throttle controller thanks to a very helpful how-to guide on here.

Edited by Stan

Ebay, but from the states. The seller is 'ukwholesellar' but that particular knob isn't on there at the mo. Still, if it crops up again, they are pretty good and quick with shipping

That's who I got mine from :thumbs:

Thought it looked pretty similar! Did you have issue threading the retaining nut on under the gaiter? Cos mine only went on a coulple of turns, so I just left it off

Ebay, but from the states. The seller is 'ukwholesellar' but that particular knob isn't on there at the mo. Still, if it crops up again, they are pretty good and quick with shipping

Thought it looked pretty similar! Did you have issue threading the retaining nut on under the gaiter? Cos mine only went on a coulple of turns, so I just left it off

No only issue really was the thread adjuster wouldn't go completely flush with the gear knob. So therefore when screwing it on it would sit straight to car so had to then fiddle with the thread size adjuster so it was slightly more out about a quarter turn so it positioned correctly. I then used some old water hose under gaiter to stop the gaiter boot falling all the way down as I didn't want to much shift lever to be on shown.

No only issue really was the thread adjuster wouldn't go completely flush with the gear knob. So therefore when screwing it on it would sit straight to car so had to then fiddle with the thread size adjuster so it was slightly more out about a quarter turn so it positioned correctly. I then used some old water hose under gaiter to stop the gaiter boot falling all the way down as I didn't want to much shift lever to be on shown.

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to add this a little while ago. Fitted the steering controls and facia. I had to cut and file it down so it isn't perfectly even, but it looks way better than the half inch gap it had before.

https://imgur.com/kMYSpfT

post-24896-0-46274700-1461663664_thumb.jpg

The dash needs some seeing too (mostly because of previous owners). Also managed to bodge fix the plastic clip at the top that somebody had managed to thug and break. It actually sits flush at the top now.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Edited by RavenDW

Today has been a busy Zed day as I've fitted a Y pipe back exhaust, 3 new wiper blades and a pair of front tyres. If the weather looks good tomorrow then its a damn good wash, clay bar, polish and a wax and sunday will be a day of rest or more than likely me and a mate will go for a bit of a tear up on some very quiet twisty's we know. :D:teeth::)

These arrived today, will spend about 5 minutes fitting them , ultra quick mod! Big Thanks to Terry for supplying them.

FLUID%20CAPS_zpsveqakeo6.jpg

nice,where did you get them from?

As above interested also :)

Me too! They are lush!

Minor mod for today, just a rear wiper delete which also fixed the boot release problem by removing the weight and motor on the hatch :teeth: 2 birds one stone

e348b317-90fa-4049-8852-25a591e02811_zpstaemwk2t.jpg

5080721d-8fbc-4bf7-88cf-b0bba6540324_zpsu6ebkaee.jpg

Just a shame i couldn't get the bung to match the paint :dry:

• Like 1

These arrived today, will spend about 5 minutes fitting them , ultra quick mod! Big Thanks to Terry for supplying them.

FLUID%20CAPS_zpsveqakeo6.jpg

nice,where did you get them from?

Got them from http://www.zeetoyz.com/350zengine.htm

There is a discount via a group buy titled Fluid Cap Sets if you go have a look 😆

Edited by MikeyM
  • Like 1