What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

:lol: I was waiting for someone to say that. I changed the dials for the later facelift ones as I prefer them! Thanks about the seats too :)

Did you get them recovered? or died the leather? i'd like red seats tbh lol i'd like red carpet too!

I bought the recolour kit and sprayed them myself Bradders.

• Like 1

Fitted my seats back in after the recolour, very pleased with them. :)

Your interior is confusing me lol, you got new style facelift dials for the aircon, but an old style ashtray and hazard switch! red seats look awesome too!

He also has 370z wheels!! THE MADNESS OH THE MADNESS!! :lol:

Seats do look very lush and premium oh God of Lightning :p

• Like 1

Fitted my seats back in after the recolour, very pleased with them. :)

Your interior is confusing me lol, you got new style facelift dials for the aircon, but an old style ashtray and hazard switch! red seats look awesome too!

He also has 370z wheels!! THE MADNESS OH THE MADNESS!! :lol:

Seats do look very lush and premium oh God of Lightning :p

:lol: that made me chuckle chirag.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

seats do look great Zeus...do you have a pic of them before the spray?

They were just the standard black leather seats, I didn't take a picture because I assumed everyone knew what they looked like. :teeth:

Wait you had black before? I'd understand being able to go from orange to red but black to red? Was it easy enough?

They were just the standard black leather seats, I didn't take a picture because I assumed everyone knew what they looked like. :teeth:

of course we all do :lol: ....I was curious as the leather on my seat is worn and needs a refresh :stir:

Wait you had black before? I'd understand being able to go from orange to red but black to red? Was it easy enough?

Yes it's fairly easy, just prep well and keep adding coats until it's covered. Be patient I would say is the key. I did 10 light coats via spray to cover the black then 2 coats of the sealer.

of course we all do :lol: ....I was curious as the leather on my seat is worn and needs a refresh :stir:

My drivers seat bolster was a bit worn but it covered ok after a thorough prep. I'm going to aviator meet on Sunday if you want to look at it . :)

• 2 weeks later...

No modification but a must as it had been bugging me since I bought the car. Both doors and an outie on the bonnet removed by Dent Devils Birmingham - she's dent free *for now.

before

IMG_20160130_113236_zps27ghpms7.jpg

IMG_20160130_113321_edit_zpsnxxl81g1.jpg

during

IMG_20160204_145730_zpsmmre54cd.jpg

after with, HD wax curing

IMG_20160207_151913_zpsxlaaj93z.jpg

also G3 clay mitt the car and tried it out on the head lamps, made an improvement for 30 seconds worth as the tops were fairly cloudy.

IMG_20160207_151934_zpsd30rydvq.jpg

Not much of a mod but fitted facelift steering wheel controls, just need to find a illumination live so they light up with headlights. Edit: live feed sorted and I can actually see my controls at night now.

b53d9d6be7cf2c8d39e7d6ad0f8fdddd.jpg

Edited by ZEUS
  • Like 3

Ok so today we infact my first official mod day!

And it begins with a simple new key fob as the original is a little dated and old school I opted to buy a new 'flip key' which reminds me of old school flip knifes but with a Z at teh end of it instead of a meesly blade! ;)

Anyway it's a simple mod and really does make a difference to my keys and looks more up to date to go with my new shiny car :D

So headed into town and got the blade of the key cut by timpsons, as the key was too long for his machine he advised me he would cut it for me but as he cannot guarantee his work and if it doesn't function then he couldn't offer a refund for a new piece he told me he would do it at my own risk and for free! winner! :)

Over all was a simple unscrew this one and that one move the insides of this one into the inside of this one and screw it all back together...

Did run into a few problems though, the original key comes with a rubber insert (seen in pictures below) and I could not for the life of me get it to fit into the new key housing and still have the buttons function correctly.

I believe its to give some protection against water damage but the new fob came with nothing and I didn't have the heart to start chopping things up until I knew it would all work....

Also the transponder chip in the old key was not glued in so easily popped out with a small flat head and some wiggling, this also had no hole to sit in the new key so I placed it on the opposite side of the key blade and added some double sided tape to secure it and some white foam to ensure if the tape failed it wouldn't move too much.

Ten minutes (if that long) later and I now have a brand new flip key that worked first time :)

May install the rubber thing back in at some point but for now here's some pics and honestly this is easier than upgraded to a new stumpy aerial and as we all knows adds at least 25bhp!! ;)

Pics below and one of her looking clean after my joy ride with the new key....(any excuse!)

WP_20160216_14_00_29_Rich_zpsd4fyzklw.jpg

WP_20160216_14_00_25_Rich_LI_zpszxqmdrjr.jpg

WP_20160216_14_40_11_Rich_LI_zpsx5k9ozuk.jpg

Obviously this has nothing to do with the new key but looks pretty so is included :D

WP_20160216_13_33_11_Rich_LI_zpselqkp5xs.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the last piece of the Cobra system on today, so now running full system Cobra inc. HFC's.

Loving the sound and the car is definately breathing easier .

Very well made system and fits perfectly.

Did a quick sound clip before these were on and will do another soon to compare and will post back here.

Sound clips are on another post. http://www.350z-uk.c...a-hfc-question/

COBRA%20HFCS%202_zpsqzdwfklm.jpg

Edited by Bigjimg

• 2 weeks later...

Spent some time over the weekend reducing the exhaust sound inside the car (at the request of the wife).

Working on a budget so covered the boot floor with Wickes Flashing tape and then bought some camping mats from go outdoors, cut them to shape and fitted them under the boot carpet.

Can't believe how much difference it's made :-).

Road noise reduced,

Boom from the exhaust at 60mph about half what it was before

Rattle from the boot gone.

All in, the materials were £30 so big result with minimal outlay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I hope you don't get the smell of bitumen in your car in the summer from the flashing tape.

I was concerned about this also but the tape is pretty much odourless (didn't smell it all during the fitting) and if it gets to be a problem then it will be a weekend taking it off in the summer and replacing it with dynamat.

I wasn't sure how much difference it would make but I'm very impressed with the sound deadening so went for the cheap option first to make sure it worked

I'd read on the web the issues with some flashing tape so went for one that was marketed as odourless (time will tell 😉)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk