iPhone 5

Adrian@TORQEN

:yawn:

its like the emperors new clothes

looks jut like the last 2 phones, thinner and light should be a given as tech is moving so quickly. same with screen and battery tech.

apple used to be a trend setter that everyone else plays catchup with, but it looks like they've gone a bit stagnant

i'm sure its top spec and high quality, but it is no longr set apart from the competition; its the same as the others :shrug: so why pay the apple premium :shrug:

what is it an apple phone can do now that others can't? they have also just lost google maps and street view with their next update

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see what's so ground breaking it justifies a whole +1 on the name. All your existing docks are going to look great with that new adapter aren't they! Why they can't just use micro USB is beyond me.

They seriously need to start innovating again, you only have to look at Nokia to see what happens if you fall behind, But Tim Cook is an accountant first and foremost, no I'm not holding my breath.

:shrug:

what is it an apple phone can do now that others can't? they have also just lost google maps and street view with their next update

iOS 6, 700.000 apps, etc

Yes, I need 700,000 apps.

New adaptor will see serious money coming their way, much in the same way Sony always produce their own funny formats. In fairness, their old 30-pin adaptor is over 9 years old so it was due an update, and whilst it would've been nice if they'd gone for micro USB it's not a deal breaker for me. You can buy an adaptor for micro USB if you really want to, I may even pick one up myself.

No-one needs 700k apps, but it's nice to have the choice. Is stuff like the S3 et al any cheaper than the iPhone anymore? Genuine question, I have no idea. iPhone 5 is £529 with no contract and 16GB.

New adaptor will see serious money coming their way, much in the same way Sony always produce their own funny formats. In fairness, their old 30-pin adaptor is over 9 years old so it was due an update, and whilst it would've been nice if they'd gone for micro USB it's not a deal breaker for me. You can buy an adaptor for micro USB if you really want to, I may even pick one up myself.

No-one needs 700k apps, but it's nice to have the choice. Is stuff like the S3 et al any cheaper than the iPhone anymore? Genuine question, I have no idea. iPhone 5 is £529 with no contract and 16GB.

Slightly cheaper I think, also 16GB and up to 64GB micro SD plug in.

looks the same as the old phone to me :shrug: what ever happened to their hologram one i thought the 5 was meant to have something cool like that??

Apparently, information has been leaked the new Iphone 5 can be used as a telephone! :#1:

looks the same as the old phone to me :shrug: what ever happened to their hologram one i thought the 5 was meant to have something cool like that??

Tony Stark patented the design, so we have to wait till Stark Industries releases it.

iron-man-2-phone.jpg

Good thing about it is that the mini Arc Reactor inside the phone means that it only needs a core change every 50 years

Only a 4" screen? :yawn: S3 FTW :#1: Got the 32gb model and stuck in a 32gb sd card for £12 totalling 64gb! :) Yes i will never need that much i know but it's at least a talking point in the pub! :lol:

It was a tough one deciding between the HTC One X and the S3 for me (both great phones) but the Samsung's superior battery life was the clincher for me. :)

I only like one Apple product and thats my new ipad, just not a fan of the iphone. B)

Only a 4" screen? :yawn: S3 FTW :#1: Got the 32gb model and stuck in a 32gb sd card for £12 totalling 64gb! :) Yes i will never need that much i know but it's at least a talking point in the pub! :lol:

It was a tough one deciding between the HTC One X and the S3 for me (both great phones) but the Samsung's superior battery life was the clincher for me. :)

A good friend of mine has an S3,and i thought it was way too large,and actually using it was nowhere near as intuitive or as user friendly as an Apple product.

A 4" screen is perfectly fine,besides,they have a tablet for things like movies etc,and an Ipad Nano coming, so why would they make the phone screen bigger?

I know it dont look much different, but its whats inside that counts,and from what iv seen,its pretty decent,and im sure the look and feel of it will be superb, as it is with all Apple products, im yet to come across one that feels cheap and nasty. It feels well engineered, which is more than can be said for some rival products.

A 4" screen is perfectly fine,besides,they have a tablet for things like movies etc,and an Ipad Nano coming, so why would they make the phone screen bigger?

They have made the iphones screen bigger.

It has a camera that can take HD video, but the fancy pants "Retina Display" isn't HD resolution!

My Nokia 5110 has snake and changeable covers. Booooom.

6110 was better - 2 player snake and changeable covers - double BOOM! B)

little change, new number..... pfffffft, Apple is the Nokia of old.

sent from my iPhone

I'm due an upgrade now - currently have an HTC, but suspect this will be a lot more than I pay now :dry:

The guy I deal with for my phones, has said lets wait a couple of months 'cos something else is coming up ???? but wouldn't say more.

Now for him to say wait - also means he's doing himself out of an immediate commission (will get it eventually) :bounce::snack:

Most proberbly the same thing will happen as the iphone 4. 6 months later they find a few issues and upgrade hence the 4s.

So it maybe the 5s!

B)