New boy!

Good morning!

Just thought i'd introduce myself as a potential future owner, I currently drive a (tatty) 1991 Honda civic (trumpeted dual carbs sound amazing!) and am part way through building a 1989 CRX as well, obviously these are both FWD and have (slightly) lower power than the Z cars, but hopefully you won't hold that against me! :p

I had the idea of purchasing a 350 after getting my new job, initially I was looking at the GT86, but can't afford to buy one outright and the finance deals are alright but require massive deposits (the cost of a decent 2004 350!) and then have an even bigger final payment, so I forgot that and started looking at other affordable options, I've always liked Nissans, but never really thought to own one, I was fumbling through classifieds (as you do...) and found myself looking at 350s, looked at insurance costs and was pleasently surprised, I've since got myself a little excited and have been working out running costs, servicing, how much work i could do myself, blah blah blah...

So yeah, I just thought I'd sign up so I can access all of the previously hidden parts of the forum and do some more research. I probably won't be getting a Z for a while as I'm going to be welding and painting the civic before getting rid of it (never like to leave a job unfinished!) but will be lurking and absorbing information!

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to utilizing this site!

Nathan

Welcome along,

If your handy with a spanner the Zed is pretty straight forward to work on/mod. Some of us do things from changing brake pads in our garages to SC builds viewtopic.php?f=176&t=55095&start=30

Then theres this fella down south who has a collection of zeds all mixed up to make 2 ;)

viewtopic.php?f=176&t=54567

they are Generally reliable as long as there well maintained :thumbs:

Thanks for all the welcome messages, surprised I haven't had more of a ribbing over the Hondas if I'm honest! :lol:

Hopefully sorting my finances, selling off the civic and I'll be on the market for a 350 in the next few weeks, should be driving one by October!