Starting young in Mayfair!

Keyser

Well in our family tradition of petrol heads my daughter had her 16th Birthday so we started her along the modding path!

A week ago Buster, My better half Kim and I picked up this little 1986 Mini Mayfair - in need of much TLC.

DSCF2337.jpg

DSCF2336.jpg

DSCF2389.jpg

DSCF2388.jpg

DSCF2387.jpg

we then presented her with it today

DSCF2380.jpg

I'm not sure if she was crying or laughing :blush:

DSCF2381.jpg

So with some assistance from dad she will soon be rebuilding this as her first car!

A few well wishes dropped in to congratulate/commiserate? with her.

DSCF2386.jpg

DSCF2385.jpg

Another epic build thread should commence as soon as "Dad gets his car out of the garage"

Yes she has already asked!!!! :scare:

Stay tuned ............................

That Zed won't move without an engine though Chris. :scare::snack:

You !"£$%^&*( :rant::angry:

I Know :p

There is now a long queue of cars awaiting the Zed Shed treatment :thumbs:

Line em up :thumbs:

My son just turned 16 last week - so, as a treat I let him have a go in mine on a local airfield road (only about 100yds) :thumbs:

now he wants my car as his 1st car :scare: methinks not :lol:

Good luck with the mini. Ive had about 6 of them and used to work for a local Mini garage. I know them inside out!. I actually scrapped my last mini - a 1990 1275 Cooper 2 years back. Wish I hadnt now as the prices of mini bits has gone through the roof. Even that mayfair you have just bought is worth nearly £1400 in bits!

They are lovely but very frustrating cars.

My first car was a 1971 850cc Mini which cost me £20 to buy, £100 to respray, MOT, weld and get back on the road and then cost £500 to insure 3rd party only! :lol:

good luck with the project, they look awesome with a wide arch kit and a set of superlite mini mag wheels.

back of the mini world mags have shed loads of stuff and they are so cheap to mod. as its a first car i'm guessing to keep insurance down you won;t be putting a huyabusa engine in it just yet :lol: or doing the type R conversion with a clubman nose to make it fit ;)

What are the plans for it then? I'm hoping we get a proper build thread for it!

Well I'll try and do a few notes and post them up as I go - not really big on build threads :lol:

The plans, Got a few Ideas but need to pass them by the daughter first as it's her car -

Thinking complete strip clean and weld her up with new panels where required, de-seamed maybe a body kit (subject to insurance) clean and sort the engine - including a conversion to unleaded. Paint it up and see how it looks.

Need to get my 350 sorted and the engine back in first! Will probably start this winter sooner if mines doing OK.

:thumbs:

What are the plans for it then? I'm hoping we get a proper build thread for it!

Well I'll try and do a few notes and post them up as I go - not really big on build threads :lol:

The plans, Got a few Ideas but need to pass them by the daughter first as it's her car -

Thinking complete strip clean and weld her up with new panels where required, de-seamed maybe a body kit (subject to insurance) clean and sort the engine - including a conversion to unleaded. Paint it up and see how it looks.

Need to get my 350 sorted and the engine back in first! Will probably start this winter sooner if mines doing OK.

:thumbs:

Sounds good. Less is more with Minis! Could make it look like a Mk1 and or just put on nice arches and minilites. They look ace as is so it's all good.

I have thought of a mini for a while as myself and my wife love them but have never owned one.... Differing ideas puts me off. She wants purple or some rubbish. I want proper pastel colour and a fast road spec! :teeth: