Just got my insurance :'(

The Bounty Bar Kid

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I phoned Aviva yesterday. They declined to quote. 48, clean license, live in Surrey. I think it all went wrong when I said 'supercharged' :lol:

I don't think Aviva would be interested in a "modded" car, let alone a SC :lol:

You should try insuring NOS - it's like you have a disease and nobody wants to insure you.

do you have to declare a no fault claim?, and if so would it affect the premium.

You must declare whatever they ask you for.

They will ask if you've had any claims OR ACCIDENTS in the last 5 years, regardless of fault.

You must tell them. :)

do you have to declare a no fault claim?, and if so would it affect the premium.

You must declare whatever they ask you for.

They will ask if you've had any claims OR ACCIDENTS in the last 5 years, regardless of fault.

You must tell them. :)

And YES it will affect the premium :blackeye:

If you have had an accident that was not your fault in the eyes of insurance companies that makes you more likely to have another accident, that may or may not be your fault :wacko:

wow clown thats a serious quote mines just renewed the other day 28, 3points in 2009 hit a cycist in 2010 they claimed personal injury £728 so im quite happy was 890 last year and when i had nothing was 540 :thumbdown:

Top it all off only just found out they failed to take the money even though theres more than enough in account :rant::angry:

Zed was insured separately from our Focus but both going through Diamond, they said they could add the Zed to a multicar option along with the focus to save us money. Last year Zed was £590 insurance, now they want us to add it to a multicar policy to save us money and quoted us at £825.

Thanks Mr and Mrs coldel, one year of safe driving, let us put it up for you on this deal by about 40% :dry:

Will be doing the usual ringing around this week to get the quote down as we wont be one of those lazy/uniformed types that get completely ripped off by this industry called insurance that thinks its so hard done by - bunch of jokers.

I phoned Aviva yesterday. They declined to quote. 48, clean license, live in Surrey. I think it all went wrong when I said 'supercharged' :lol:

You should try insuring NOS - it's like you have a disease and nobody wants to insure you.

Same as insuring a Skyline, I've never had so many companies tell me they don't insure that car any more :blush:

All sorted now thanks to Sky, £702 all mods declared & £250 excess :yahoo:

Insurance ratings are a joke fullstop anyway, as I mentioned before I would love to see their 'model' - no doubt it is a case of 'oh lets count up the number of claims by age, job, location and the ones with the highest counts are clearly the highest risk' - morons.

If you have had an accident that was not your fault in the eyes of insurance companies that makes you more likely to have another accident, that may or may not be your fault :wacko:

even though you were in the house and nowhere near the car at the time, how can that be considered your fault.

I do and they don't :lol:

Think there are only 2 companies left that will touch NOS - what I really like is that they have a clause stating bottles must be off when on a public road.

SO as NOS cannot be used on a public highway it does not require insuring as if you used it they would simply invalidate you insurance for using it - as they have been known to try and do for other undeclared performance mods.

Mind you having read this thread and seen what others are paying I'm not going to get too upset as some people are paying more for N/A than I am for SC, NOS and water meth.

Same as insuring a Skyline, I've never had so many companies tell me they don't insure that car any more :blush:

All sorted now thanks to Sky, £702 all mods declared & £250 excess :yahoo:

Whichi is hilarious because Skyline owners tend to molest their cars with creepy amounts of care and attention and are less keen than your average Corsa driver to want to smash it at high speed into something immovable.

Considering my car is Group 20 I'm quite pleased with £540 from Livingstone Warman........especially as they chuck in protected NCB just for shits and giggles.

Zed was insured separately from our Focus but both going through Diamond, they said they could add the Zed to a multicar option along with the focus to save us money. Last year Zed was £590 insurance, now they want us to add it to a multicar policy to save us money and quoted us at £825.

Thanks Mr and Mrs coldel, one year of safe driving, let us put it up for you on this deal by about 40% :dry:

Will be doing the usual ringing around this week to get the quote down as we wont be one of those lazy/uniformed types that get completely ripped off by this industry called insurance that thinks its so hard done by - bunch of jokers.

That sounds just like Admiral. I had them phoning me up nearly every other day claiming they could insure all the cars in our household to "save you money". Every time they wouldnt believe it when I told them they wouldnt be cheaper. So they go through all the details and sure enough they always came back more expensive. One vehicle in particular i was quoted 80quid fully comp and they came back at 400quid fully comp.

even though you were in the house and nowhere near the car at the time, how can that be considered your fault.

Yes, my dad watched my next door neighbour reverse into his car from inside his house and had to declare that as a non fault claim has been made. The neighbours insurance company (admiral) then rung my dad to go through the claim and even asked if he was injured in the accident!

Some companies will then charge you more for that being on your record as supposedly you're more likely to make another claim now, but some won't.

That sounds just like Admiral. I had them phoning me up nearly every other day claiming they could insure all the cars in our household to "save you money". Every time they wouldnt believe it when I told them they wouldnt be cheaper. So they go through all the details and sure enough they always came back more expensive. One vehicle in particular i was quoted 80quid fully comp and they came back at 400quid fully comp.

80 quid for what?! sinclair c5? :blink:

I just changed my insurance.

I had a multi car policy with Admiral for my 370z and a 9 year old Clio.

Was paying 112 per month.

I bought the missus a new Nissan Juke 1.6 Accenta Premium Pack (she had to have the reversing camera like me etc...) and the insurance was going to jump up.

So she organised insurance thru Shiela's Wheels for under 400. I told Admiral to take Clio off policy and my insurance premier was only going down by 3 quid per month!!!!

So I went to esure and got fully comp, protected no claims for 540, that's with 1 no fault claim when the sheet metal came thru my windscreen off a lorry's load, got 7 points last year for an SP30 and SP50...

So all in all it's not too shabby.