Does this look odd................

glrnet

or is it my imagination? :wacko:

Have a look at these 2 pix of my car in Wales, does the rear offside wheel look like it's sitting at an angle?

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

Any sensible replies appreciated, comments regarding my weight causing a problem on that side have already been mentioned :blush::D

But Graham is on stock suspension as far as I know, so technically there shouldn't be any excessive camber :wacko:

It does look out thats for sure. They're pretty new tyres too, so I guess it'll take a while to show serious wear. Def get it checked though :thumbs:

wheels can alter your camber as well as the suspension so it could be that

bottoms arms are adjustable so it will be an easy enough job to sort it.

tops arms arent adjustable which means they need replacing if you wanna slam the car. this is the problem i have, currently searching for adjustable top arms as i'm not paying 200+ a tyre just to use the inside inch of them :headhurt:

Is it the same both sides? The second one could be down to a lumpy/uneven car park, but as the others have said its like just the natural camber of the wheels and the tyres may have worn a little unevenly which makes it appear worse. Sure Dazzer can get it on his ramp/jacks and have a look ;)

Hi Chris, welcome home, how are you and the good Lady Wife! :thumbs:

I've just been out and had a proper look, it does seem to be the same on both sides but very slightly more so on the offside, the tyre wear appears even, as far as I can tell without having the wheels off. Interestingly, before the wheels and tyres were replaced I was experiencing slightly more tyre wear on the offside so I had a 4 wheel alignment done at Abbey, nothing of note in terms of arms or bushes being worn at the rear was reported and it sailed through the MOT earlier this month too. Think I'll pop he into Total Tyres later for a quick look, going to France on the 6th, 1500 plus miles round trip so don't want any probs then. :thumbdown:

As previously mentioned, that car park was slightly on a slope.

Is it the same both sides? The second one could be down to a lumpy/uneven car park, but as the others have said its like just the natural camber of the wheels and the tyres may have worn a little unevenly which makes it appear worse. Sure Dazzer can get it on his ramp/jacks and have a look ;)

Does look a bit out but you also have the camber of the road to bring into it, zmanalex is spot on (what else) have the camber checked. Still have a sneaky feeling from the photos its because of the photo angle, road camber etc. I presume you've put it on a flat surface and its still the same?

**EDIT**

Pics aspromised:-

offside

photo-12.jpg

photo-2-5.jpg

nearside

photo-3-3.jpg

Thanks for all the advice guys :thumbs::thumbs:

It's on a the driveway now which is flat and even, It still looks slighty off to me but not as bad as in the pics, think I'll take a pic now and post it up, thanks again :)

Does look a bit out but you also have the camber of the road to bring into it, zmanalex is spot on (what else) have the camber checked. Still have a sneaky feeling from the photos its because of the photo angle, road camber etc. I presume you've put it on a flat surface and its still the same?

wheels can alter your camber as well as the suspension so it could be that

bottoms arms are adjustable so it will be an easy enough job to sort it.

tops arms arent adjustable which means they need replacing if you wanna slam the car. this is the problem i have, currently searching for adjustable top arms as i'm not paying 200+ a tyre just to use the inside inch of them :headhurt:

350Z all the adjustment is on the bottom 2 arms, rear link for the track front link for the camber, Eibach do a nice kit that works well.

Graham,

looking at the picture you have posted , all the cars look like they have to much right rear camber , but the road has a lot of camber as well so the car will be meaning over to the left as well which will make the car look like it has more camber.

Both rear cambers on your car where as follows; left rear 1 deg 54 mins right rear 1 deg 59 mins.

any questions ask away.

Looking at the later pic, it looks fine to me. When I had my allignment dont by Mitz guys I had them crank it over more for a more agressive stance and better fast road handling. Unless you are getting excessive wear on the inside I wouldnt worry about it. I dont know the specs off the top of my head, but I assume those Mark posted are within the Nissan limits (or very close).

Me and the good lady are just fine, bit of a bump back to earth when you've lived in Business Class and 5* hotels for a week and a half :blush::lol:

I refer you to my original post!! :p:boxing:

Guess its a result of that extra weight being carried on the off-side :teeth:

Too many pies :bangin::lol:

Ah, well it could also be all that hooch you carry around - best spread it more evenly around the boot :p

IMG_3981.jpg

Bit of an update guys, phoned Abbey this morning Scott and Mark were straight on the ball and asked if I could take the old girl in at 1400 today, duly did so, nice to meet you Mark (Southernspeed) hope your new zorst sounds good :thumbs:

Anyway Will got the car on the ramp and rechecked the camber against the original readout, all present and correct, had a good look underneath too, no worn bushes and everything else spot on too :thumbs::thumbs:

Now, here's the best part..............................No charge :yahoo::yahoo::thumbs::thumbs: Now that's what I call service, yes I'm a regular customer and yes I have spent some dosh at Abbey during the last two years but how many other places will do something for nothing nowadays? Thanks again Mark & Scott for acting so quickly and generously :clap: