What do you do when boy racers challenge you?

twobears

I only popped out for a bit of shopping this morning but I managed to encounter a wannabe boy racer in his Mum's Corsa, challenging me to beat him off the lights. I was turning right and he was going straight on so I'm not sure how he thought the race result was to be decided? I just pretended I couldn't hear him revving up his tinny engine and eyeballing me. It made me laugh so not all bad but would it have been wrong to have wound down my window and shouted, "I'll tell your Mum you're mistreating her car" and then driven off sniggering? :blush: What is the correct form when one encounters deluded teenagers?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Accelerate quickly, slow slightly to let them get right up behind you then brake sharply.............watch them then drive behind you at a safe distance needing a change of underwear!! Not very PC i agree but it'll keep them on their toes for a few days or so :teeth:

Rev your engine too so they get all excited (also educating them on how their fart-can exhaust does not make their 4-pot sound like a real engine) and then just pull away normally leaving them screaming off on their own like a complete prat. Never fails to amuse.

DB

I get this a fair bit and my approach has recently been to do an extremely sarcastic fake yawn which on most occasions is a prelude for a barrage of abuse and anger from the saxo crammed with 5 teenagers which never fails to amuse me. I then pull away gently and let the idiots do whatever it is that they fancy doing.

I think a lot of them do. I think we are the scoobys have the rwd world :lol:

Some guys driving nice cars are like what is that it looks nice :)

Some people are like it's only a Nissan. True though :lol:

M3 drivers usually give us a wave of cool car and vice versa.

I just ignore them :snack:

+1

Fuel is better spent on harassing the more exotic cars :blush:

Lol but do the exotic car owners think of us the same way we think of the hot hatchers?

I just ignore them :snack:

+1

Fuel is better spent on harassing the more exotic cars :blush:

Lol but do the exotic car owners think of us the same way we think of the hot hatchers?

yes :lol:

Lol that was my thoughts also :lol: We are the chavs of the exotic -ish class