Just thought I'd say Hi. Not (yet) a Zed owner....

Hello All,

I thought I'd just stop by and say Hi.

I don't currently have a 'Zed', but I'm seriously considering one as my next purchase (in the very near future).

I currently have a 2000 Audi TT 225 Coupe, which I can't fault, but now the time has come (as it all to frequently does), that I feel like a change. AFter buying the car, I joined the TT forum and this has taught me a hell of a lot about my car and helped me great deal when I needed advice. So a google search for '350z forum' was naturally my first port of call when looking for Zed info - so here I am :thumbs:

After completing a 'rear seat delete' and removing the (pretty useless) rear seats from the TT, I realise that I'm not gonna miss them in a car that doesn't have them anyway! (Cue the 350z).

My TT is a great car, the Quattro was fun in the snow (one concern with the zed - but how often do we get snow, really). It's booked in for an MOT in a couple of weeks, so once there's 12 months ticket on it, I'll start enquiring about part-ex's.

I know it's only gonna be worth £2500 -£3000 as a part ex, but I've decided I want, no NEED a Zed. Think my budget is gonna be about £6000 - £6500 with the p/x value, so I'm hoping to get a UK GT model for that. (Or is that wishful thinking)?

I will continue to read threads on this forum in the meantime, to hopefully learn more about the car, but if anyone wishes to share useful inks, or words of wisdom/experiences etc, they're more than welcome.

Cheers, Ian

Thanks for the warm welcome!

First question.... To prevent me looking an @rse on my first viewing; where is the bonnet release lever?

Thanks again,

Ian :thumbs:

You should be able to get a decent UK Zed for £6k + the TT :thumbs:

Aim for obviously as new as you can and low mileage but don't be scared to get an older one with higher mileage if you find a good one as they are fairly bullet proof...

Read the FAQ and then ask some specific questions and you will get some friendly and sensible advice :thumbs:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

First question.... To prevent me looking an @rse on my first viewing; where is the bonnet release lever?

Thanks again,

Ian :thumbs:

:welcome:

the bonnet release is by the drivers right knee, pull the small level :)

if you push a small button in roughly the same area you have just opened up the petrol flap :lol:

if you push a small button in roughly the same area you have just opened up the petrol flap :lol:

Thanks Neo. That saves me another question! I have, in the past, pulled up onto a garage forecourt the proud new owner of a shiney new (used) car, only to look a numpty as I couldn't open the petrol cap. :lol:

Options:

a) Wait for someone else with the same make/model to pull up onto the forecourt and ask them

B) Phone the guy you just bought the car off (risking a b********* of the attendant for using a mobile phone) and ask how to complete the simple task!

I went with option b :D

Thanks Neo. That saves me another question! I have, in the past, pulled up onto a garage forecourt the proud new owner of a shiney new (used) car, only to look a numpty as I couldn't open the petrol cap. :lol:

Options:

a) Wait for someone else with the same make/model to pull up onto the forecourt and ask them

B) Phone the guy you just bought the car off (risking a b********* of the attendant for using a mobile phone) and ask how to complete the simple task!

I went with option b :D

no problem :thumbs: