350z-uk FOUNDING FATHERS

HEADPHONES

I was browsing detailing world and found it interesting that in 2006 there were only 200 members but now nearly 50,000.

This leads me to wonder

Who were the FOUNDING FATHERS of our beloved OC and how many of the original crew are still active members/owners?

Unfortunatley members have to be deleted one at a time trough the forums software I believe. They could possibly be removed using a simple job on the database, but I dont know what that would screw up if it wasnt done using the front end, depending on what was left behind.

As per most forums, we just leave the member list alone. Out of the 50,000 detailing world members, how many are actually active?

We did recently do a lookup on ours and found just over 1000 different members had been active (visited or posted) in the last 30 days. Which I dont think is a bad statistic. :)

And yes, for my sins I had a slow night on New Years eve 2005. Check my joined date. ;) Thats when the club was officially built and went live. Its actually pretty humbling to look back and see just how many people have been involved with the club over the now 6+ years. I hope its given some people some fun over time :)

What I notice about that list when looking through it is the amount of members who have joined, never posted and never came back.

I have noticed this before, the numbers are high. So why is this ? any know.

What I notice about that list when looking through it is the amount of members who have joined, never posted and never came back.

The vast majority sign up and lurk. They manage to get all the information they require and dont feel the need to post anything up. It can be a very scary place to venture onto if you're not used to the internet, especially with some of the characters we have on here :lol:

The vast majority sign up and lurk. They manage to get all the information they require and dont feel the need to post anything up. It can be a very scary place to venture onto if you're not used to the internet, especially with some of the characters we have on here :lol:

Totally agree there are some right nutters on here!

Still here :p

oh bugger :lol:

One of the other problems of deleting non-active members is that many have provided useful info in their posts/threads so that when you do a search you would draw a blank.

Same thing when a member deletes their photobucket (or what-have-you) a/c and the pics disappear :shrug: