Z Newbie...well, soon I hope!

Chia

Hi all,

Thought I'd take the opportunity to say hi here before I announce myself with a random/impromptu comment on another thread - I've been using t'interweb long enough to understand basic forum 'etiquette'...and good manners. My name is Paul, I'm from Glasgow and I'm in need of a car!

I've been lurking around the forum for the past month but only registered about a week or so ago. At the moment, I'm not only Z-less but actually car-less (strictly speaking that's not true, I've been running around in the other half's Citroen C1 for a while :thumbdown: - needs must) as the last car made way to free up funds for a new house purchase. I resisted buying a replacement as I then got engaged and decided to save for the forthcoming wedding, which is in about 7 weeks time :headhurt:

Anyway, I've been a long time fan of the 350Z - I nearly bought one a few years ago before I bought my M3 - and, since finding this forum, have spent some time reading up on them. Needless to say, my decision was made before I started browsing the forum - it looks like the 350Z could be my next car. All in good time though, it's unlikely I'll be making any significant purchases for a number of months yet, which is a bit of a shame as I've already spied one or two in the classifieds which look perfect.

In the meantime I'll enjoy browsing the forum and maybe pitching in with the odd comment/post from time to time. I've attached a few (poor quality) pics of some of my previous cars - feel free to complement/chastise etc. Flame-proof suit at the ready... ;)

16012008387.jpg

1993 DC2 Integra Si - Hugely capable, quick in the right conditions & modified to the point it was as good as if not better than any equivalent Type R I'd driven. 2.5 years of ownership, loved every minute.

P4020003jpgpicturebyPchis.jpg

My favourite so far. Eibach springs, Bilstein dampers, uprated/modified E46 M3 LSD, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Rogue Engineering 'Race brace', Rogue Engineering rear top mounts, 'Dave F' air filter & loads more.

2010-10-10124216-1.jpg

2.3 10v 5 cylinder loveliness. I bought this as a 'mini' project whilst in between cars and ended up driving it every day whilst I got it to the condition you see in the pic. Shame about the 3 shades of red mind you...

I can't find any pics of other previous cars but there were a couple of 306s in there (we need to start somewhere, right?!) and a couple of mk2 Toyota MR2s - one NA and the other a Turbo - among others.

Sorry for the novel-esque intro!

:welcome: to the nuthouse :thumbs:

There's a buyers guide in the FAQ's section. If you have an specific questions then ask away. Feel free to post links to cars to get opinions or history (if they are known to the forum)

Thanks for the crackin' welcome everyone, much appreciated.

Welcome mate - a lot of owners are in the Glasgow area - myself included. Where you from?

Cheers Cragus - I live in Rutherglen, just outside the city centre if you're not familiar with it?