Two pronged question........

glrnet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) would have to say the berks (thanks spurs for the big nudge :teeth: ) best mod ever for the change in sound.

2) must say so far ive been rather restrained mod wise and not regretted a single thing ive added.

Berks were a close 2nd to my LEDs and the Buddy Club was a close 2nd to my covered interior bits :lol:

I will never forget the look on your face when you stamped on my loud pedal in Wales :lol:

shockedcat.jpg

Not driven the zed in a while so here's a trip down memory lane lol

1. The sound, colour, all the bodystyling, wheels, led headlights, the drive (heavy steering wheel, nice gearbox, agility) heated seats in winter, the attention

2. The key, rattling interior, water leaking through the window when open, but most of all the fact it's in my driveway and I can't drive it... :byebye:

1. The Zed logo in the vent that you can only see with the doors open. Completely unnecessary design feature, yet it shows the passion that went into designing the car.

2. Cassette player in the stock head unit. DEAR GOD HAVE WE NOT LEFT THE 1980'S BEHIND??!!

With regards to the Zed logo, I did other mods that made more of a difference to the car but the question was which feature/mod made me smile, and that little gem still makes me smile today when I think back to it. :)

1. Best mod, defo my alloys.

The AWFUL 19" things that were on before, nearly made me SELL the car!!! Made her skittish, unstable, unpredictable. Awful.

Whoever put them on and didn't notice the difference needs shooting! :rant:

Taking her back to standard 18" GT Rays turned her into the car I wanted her to be. :cloud9:

2a. Currently in a love hate relationship with the new ICE setup.

One day it sounds amazing, the next it sounds awful with rattles and buzzing and vibrations. Think it depends on what I am listening to.

May need to take it to The ICE house and get them so set it up properly for me.

2b. How can a big company like Nissan get away with such AWFUL paintwork!?!?!

I have runs in mine where it looks like it has water dripping down the corner of the wing, but it is paint!

2c. My steering wheel isn't straight, pretty sure my tracking is still not 100% on. But £30 at my local garage has taken it to 2 degrees out rather than the 7 degrees it was out before.

Will be getting it "perfect" once the alloys are re-furbed next year.

I don't understand why people are saying the rear strut is bad.... Never really been in the way for me at all. :shrug:

I take back any moaning I did about the 350z rear strut. Its gone in the 370z, but only because it goes under the floor in the 370z. This is even worse IMO as the floor is now higher, reducing boot space. Would take back the strut any day. I could at least fit our travel bags under it in the 350z. In the 370z we cant fill them or they foul the boot lid :rant:

I can get two suitcases in the zed, albeit smaller ones and with junk around it I could enough luggage for two people travelling for a week I the. Oot without going forward of the tonneau and strut. No problem!

Rubbish for a Costco trip though......

Whilst technically you "can" get two full-size suitcases into the zed, but given the size of the boot, this would have been infinitely easier and less annoying without the strut bar. Same goes for any other bulky item I have had to carry. I love the car - but that bar has got to be one of the most annoying bits. If it wasn't there, the car would become about 300% more practical for me. :)

One day it sounds amazing, the next it sounds awful with rattles and buzzing and vibrations. Think it depends on what I am listening to.

I had the same with my setup, I did it all myself but it buzzed and I had alternator whine, in the end I went to a professional and paid them to tidy it up and it is perfect...

Worst bit was when the guy said 'What amateur fitted this'

I mumbled something about it being in the car when I got it :blush:

Whilst technically you "can" get two full-size suitcases into the zed, but given the size of the boot, this would have been infinitely easier and less annoying without the strut bar. Same goes for any other bulky item I have had to carry. I love the car - but that bar has got to be one of the most annoying bits. If it wasn't there, the car would become about 300% more practical for me. :)

And 300% LESS drive-able :lol:

I had the same with my setup, I did it all myself but it buzzed and I had alternator whine, in the end I went to a professional and paid them to tidy it up and it is perfect...

Worst bit was when the guy said 'What amateur fitted this'

I mumbled something about it being in the car when I got it :blush:

:lol: I have learned from that one before, so I "star earthed" everything on mine, so I get no whine-ing...

Might need to address the doors. I think they are the worst. The soundproofing have stopped the doors themselves rattling.... but the door CARDS seem to rattle badly. :thumbdown:

But The biggest issue is the tweeter location. Think I need to move them to the A-Pillar's for a PROPER sound install. But that is going to be a right pain!

A number of other manufacturers manage to figure out alternative ways of building their cars ;)

A number of other manufacturers manage to figure out alternative ways of building their cars ;)

Selling up and buying one? :p

The cases I use are small but big enough. Within the limits of 'carry on' luggage.

They actually sit firmly agaInst the tonneau so you can drive enthusiastically on the good roads without stuff flying everywhere. Perfect.

As I said though, rubbish for a trip to Costco.

For those people moaning about the boot capacity. Ive the roadster and my boot has got to be 1/2 the size of the coupe`s easily! Have to say, the only time ive had a problem is when ive been to tescos shopping and i realised i couldnt stand a box of cornflakes up vertically in the boot otherwise the boot wouldnt shut. :lol: So, I just use the missus`s car for the weekly shopping trips and moving scrap metal (as per the spider living in car thread). For day-to-day use the zed`s boot is fine!

EDIT: As an edit, I say the roadsters boot is small, but you can also use the space under the lid which opens up for when the roof is down for storing stuff, and its surprising what stuff you can put in there. I think its all about what type of bags you use.

Best mods, must be the invidia G35 exhaust with flamed tips and the berks HFC's,it sounds soooooo :cloud9: and looks the dog's danglies B) (cheers Tarmac)

No mods done that I don't like

Downside would be erm............. :shrug: can't think of anything that I find annoying except perhaps Nissan not doing some of this stuff originally to make the car how it should be as standard.