London Riots

Beavis

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the police will just stand back, cross their arms and say "I'm terribly sorry, but due to all the liberal do-gooders and whingers we aren't actually allowed to touch anyone any more for anything, so we'll just wait here until everything flammable has gone. Sorry 'bout that."

It might spark a bit of a reaction and start the country moving in the opposite direction for a change.

can't we just shift them all up to scotland? thats what hadrians wall was for, keeping the riff raff out :shrug:

that and 24 hours with some glaswegians would have them begging for a prision sentence or even limb amputation; anything that would get them back :lol:

on a serious note, if they go in to heavy handed they could inflame it more, the police are walking a tightrope at the moment and one wrong move could push the while situation over the edge.

the armed forces don't need guns, they have a shed load of riot gear as well.

if it gets worse i can see a curfew coming in, an increase in police horses, and proper 1980's style policing skills using roman legion battle techniques.

on a serious note, if they go in to heavy handed they could inflame it more, the police are walking a tightrope at the moment and one wrong move could push the while situation over the edge.

Thinks it already gone over the edge ;)

really,

on the grand scheme of things its still fairly small fry.

police have still got a grip on things, rioting is now in isolated pockets,

really,

on the grand scheme of things its still fairly small fry.

police have still got a grip on things, rioting is now in isolated pockets,

Try telling that to someone who has had their house or business burned down. :surrender:

Police have got a grip? Surely your joking right?

can't we just shift them all up to scotland? thats what hadrians wall was for, keeping the riff raff out :shrug:

Hadrian's wall was built by Romans to control passage into 'England' as they tried several times to conquer the Picts but with no great success. So technically it was used to seal themeselves in making your plan flawed. What you need to do instead, is build a Primark megastore, organise a loot at it then implode the bugger as it takes place! :lol: Primark could be replaces with any scum enticing product/service.

It surprises me when we have so many people calling for harsher punishments etc that we continue to be a namby pamby state.

What I don't understand is when any riots have broken out in northern Ireland the water cannons and rubber bullets are out quick smart, so why can't the Met cops use the same powers?

There aren't any water cannons on Mainland UK (sadly)

Organised looting now going on in Debenhams, no police in sight, cutting numbers to save money doesn't look too clever now :thumbdown:

Pete

Hopefully the police will just stand back, cross their arms and say "I'm terribly sorry, but due to all the liberal do-gooders and whingers we aren't actually allowed to touch anyone any more for anything, so we'll just wait here until everything flammable has gone. Sorry 'bout that."

It might spark a bit of a reaction and start the country moving in the opposite direction for a change.

You don't have to hope, thats the actual orders! Officers are banned from arresting anyone as that would take them off the streets for hours.

What I don't understand is when any riots have broken out in northern Ireland the water cannons and rubber bullets are out quick smart, so why can't the Met cops use the same powers?

We are the only country in the western world that is not allowed to use water cannon, CS, etc for violent crowds. Thank PC for that.

As far as I saw it was in just Tottenham, I go out the country for 24 hours and come back to it happening just down the road in Clapham. Seems to be spreading not receding?

My cousin is a riot cop, just finished a 28 hour shift in which he spent 7 hours straight in two separate shifts standing there with a shield being pelting with stuff which is only just short of hand grenades. They are under orders to do nothing but contain but no one seems to know how they can do that whilst they are not allowed to do anything - he is seriously considering quitting the job.

These people rioting are animals, they do not deserve human rights of any sort, those are reserved for human beings. Utter scum and the whole country should let them know it when they are caught.

And on the original post, I agree, the army and rubber bullets = problem solved.

Organised looting now going on in Debenhams, no police in sight, cutting numbers to save money doesn't look too clever now :thumbdown:

You think they couldn't get the numbers there if they wanted to? That's an incredibly naive viewpoint, the Met alone has over 33000 police offers available, so I'm pretty sure those kind of numbers could sort this whole thing out quick smartish if they were allowed to. That's the key here: They're being told to sit back don't get involved due to the risk to their own safety. That's the real issue here, not numbers or political will, it's the fear of anyone getting hurt or hurting a rioter and getting sued/taken to court over it. It wasn't that long ago that a copper was up in the dock for pushing someone over at an organised protest, don't forget!

Shoot them all. If they're rioting over one dead drug dealer who was shooting at unarmed police, then I don't want them to play any part of society in this country.

I disagree!

200px-Super_Soaker_CPS4100.jpg

Give every police officer a super soaker and we are on to a winner! Pi$$ can be an optional ammo

This would be my weapon of choice for mowing down the looters on exiting the building. :teeth:

Triple mini-gun FTW :#1:

triple_minigun.jpg

Apparenty the are discussing water cannons, which is a bit bit late late but I agree with drowning the f@**ers, its all around here bizarre primary argos and McDonald's are prime targets so far, sirens everywhere, not looking forward to getting a train to work tomorrow, have persuaded the cat that going outside is a bad idea! spoken to a frie who was I. a restaurant

which has just been shut and the gym opposite has been shut

Pete

Trust me, there are :).

Also, as someone who has been there this weekend, trust me it isn't as easy as people on TV say it is to deal with...

Then again, I could quite easily reply to most comments with, if you can think of a plan B that you know would work no matter what, then apply to become the new Commissioner, as no one can think of such a plan.

Great advert for London 2012!

Don't give them ideas..or they will petrol bombed the new stadiums and sport facilities next :surrender:

I for one wouldn't be too fussed if White Heart Lane was burned to the ground!

Seriously though you'd have thought that the coppers would have some sort of 'plan b' after they lost control after the anti cut protests earlier in the year.

just catching sky news now,

its kids coming out of curries digital, one person was asked why they were doing it and it sounded like ateenage girl and her response was "i'm getting my taxes back ain't I"

wow

:teeth: Rich..i very much doubt she pays tax..we are the taxpayers!..she is probably on income benefits together with her mum or whatever. We pay for their lifestyles..