London Riots

Beavis

I have a feeling there will be no end to this...i'd imagine lots of gangs or thugs will be replicating this over and over again. It's like 9/11 and the copycat kamikaze terrorists :surrender:

These scumbags now know what would bring an entire country to the knees...new form of terrorism

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it boredom though? I was bored when I was a kid, I didn't smash up shops. For the first fifteen years of my life I grew up on a council estate, for the first five was on floor 12 of a high rise, it didn't occur to me to smash up peoples property. Why? Because my dad would have given me a good hiding and I was terrified of the police. In addition, I made a conscious decision myself, as an individual, that doing something like that would be wrong.

We need to stop making excuses that its boredom, or its the Tories or Labour, I have even heard people use the word 'living in poverty' as a reason for a backlash - well having done some charity work with kids in Ghana earlier in the year the lot that are out there causing this wouldn't know poverty if it came up and spat in their face. Lets not forget the images, these kids, dressed in D&G and Nike, living in poverty smashing up stores?

If parents are letting their eight year olds stand on street corners at midnight they need the kids taken away from them.

The police need to be able to physically sort these lot out without fear of the do gooders brigade.

Will kids be bored-to-crime if the social simplicities of discipline are brought back in, I doubt it.

According to BEEB - Ms May has just ruled out use of water canons :bangin: They think that use of them or curfews would indicate a 'total loss of control' :lol::lol::lol::lol: "too late" was the cry - and am sure some of those wee sods could do with getting behind their ears washed properly for the first time in their lives (oh dear did the youth worker just say that out loud :headhurt: ) :lol:

According to BEEB - Ms May has just ruled out use of water canons :bangin: They think that use of them or curfews would indicate a 'total loss of control' :lol::lol::lol::lol: "too late" was the cry - and am sure some of those wee sods could do with getting behind their ears washed properly for the first time in their lives (oh dear did the youth worker just say that out loud :headhurt: ) :lol:

Ruled out water cannons, but approved rubber bullets! :lol:

According to BEEB - Ms May has just ruled out use of water canons :bangin: They think that use of them or curfews would indicate a 'total loss of control'

Surely better to get it sorted out now than when it catches on nationwide and ends with national civil unrest

Well what would you do in this situation if you were the pm? Personally if it was me i would get the army in and issue a statement saying that if you continue to loot, riot and set fire to people's property you will be shot.

Infact they should shoot a few now and then say "Do you want some more"?

I am sorry if you disagree with me but normally my view are a little extreme but its what i believe should happen now after watching the shocking scene's on tv right now.

Discuss. :)

+1 :thumbs:

I would personally issue a zero tolerance statement, let them know that if they are caught rioting, they will be hurt and then arrest whoever turns up at a hospital. Tw@ts!!

Just dropping back for a second to the point made about the worry of innocent bystanders getting hurt if we go in heavy handed: Sorry, but b*llocks. Why on earth would any sensible, decent human being be in the middle (or anywhere near) one of these riots? Maybe if you're protecting your property, but if the police are just around the corner and you know that they've been given the okay to use whatever force necessary then perhaps it might be a good idea to get yourself indoors quick-smartish, no? The only other folks out there will be the 'social media journos' with their mobile phones filming it, and tbh some of them do as much good as bad.

Give fair warning, then go in and go mental. Job's a carrot.

Another "How stupid can you be?" moment:

tumblr_lpnocx3dtO1r1pwklo1_500.png

BTW, I used to know someone that lived in the flat on Lavendar Hill in Clapham that was burnt out. I only got a quick glimpse of it on the news, was it to the right of the party shop? The burnt flat might have been to the left of the party shop in which case I knew someone who lived a few doors down the road - kind of brings the situation home for me. I hope she doesn't still live there!

I LOVED the people of Clapham cheering the police afterwards and the older woman in Camden/Clapham standing on the street shouting at the rioters and waving her walking stick, proper British spirit! My boss got covered with "stuff" from the bus that got attacked at the 7/7 bombings and still went in to the office and did a days work - I bet none of these kids have any of the "get on with it no matter what" type attitude that makes me proud to work in London.

Luckily I haven't had to go to work for late shifts the last few days as I've been on nights (from home)... although I did wonder who had died when I had 700 missed calls from relatives checking I was OK last night. :wacko:

Another "How stupid can you be?" moment:

tumblr_lpnocx3dtO1r1pwklo1_500.png

BTW, I used to know someone that lived in the flat on Lavendar Hill in Clapham that was burnt out. I only got a quick glimpse of it on the news, was it to the right of the party shop? The burnt flat might have been to the left of the party shop in which case I knew someone who lived a few doors down the road - kind of brings the situation home for me. I hope she doesn't still live there!

I LOVED the people of Clapham cheering the police afterwards and the older woman in Camden/Clapham standing on the street shouting at the rioters and waving her walking stick, proper British spirit! My boss got covered with "stuff" from the bus that got attacked at the 7/7 bombings and still went in to the office and did a days work - I bet none of these kids have any of the "get on with it no matter what" type attitude that makes me proud to work in London.

Luckily I haven't had to go to work for late shifts the last few days as I've been on nights (from home)... although I did wonder who had died when I had 700 missed calls from relatives checking I was OK last night. :wacko:

What language is this in. :shrug:

I only got a quick glimpse of it on the news, was it to the right of the party shop? The burnt flat might have been to the left of the party shop in which case I knew someone who lived a few doors down the road

^^ Confusing I this you I find translation of this might be?

I only got a quick glimpse of it on the news, was it to the right of the party shop? The burnt flat might have been to the left of the party shop in which case I knew someone who lived a few doors down the road

^^ Confusing I this you I find translation of this might be?

Sorry, I meant I only caught a quick glimpse of the burnt out flat on Lavender Hill in Clapham on the news and I'm not sure if it was to the right or the left of the party shop. I knew someone that lived to the right of that shop. As I say I hope she doesn't still live there either way!

Amazing response from the volunteers for the clean up though:

368552306.jpg

You can see the burnt out flat in the background, looks like it was to the left of the party shop (white shop) but hard to see.

p.s: That's not my photo btw - found it on the net.