London Riots

Beavis

rtbiscuit said:

"he turns up in his tracky bottoms, but they sit half way down his arse. he wears his hoody, uses the term innit alot and swears at everything. and thats just one of about 30 in my school."

And that is where it is all going wrong from the start - dosen't discipline figue in schools anymore?

It can't be that many years ago that if that happened the Head would be out on his/her ears, and the lad concerned expelled.

I am amazed you can/have to put up with it :shrug:

this is the same kid who after asking 3 times for him to put his IPOD away i went to confiscate it, he ran off, i found him again about 15 minutes later, went to confiscate said item, when he turned round and said "if you touch me i'll do you for being a pedo"

and thats what i have to deal with. i think i said something along the lines of your mum must be really proud of you. reported it to the head,

this is also the same kid that then went home and wrote about me on facebook, :lol: apparently i'm a d1ck, but maybe its because i don't put up with his crap; who knows, i only found out because other kids had told me, they had all given him a load of stick about it because they knew he was wrong, had to report that to the head as well.

punishment issued; suspension for 2 days,

and yes thats just 1 of about 30 in my school like that, now most of the time i have a pretty good working relationship with these kinds of kids, but this one in particular, just does my head in. and he's 14.

there are a group of 6 kids who are 12 that run off from teachers, done it so many times we called the police to have them removed from the property, and they ran off from the police laughing. and thats at 12.

i should also like to point out we are one of the top comprehensives in the UK. so put that in to contrast with some of the rough inner city schools and you start to build a pcture of some of the kids in the system now.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to smile, it never takes long does it? Just got this in a text ;)

Irag, Libya, Syria and Afghanistan have agreed to send troops to the UK to help bring peace and stability to the country........................

On another note 6000 Police Officers on duty in London last night, tonight 16000 :thumbs:

and what makes it worse is as they get older they breed like rabbits, the intellectual community is being out breed. think about the film idiocracy, and if you haven't seen it i suggest you do.

+infinity...+1

You listen to the parents, and they are scraping the barrel intelligence wise, they have three kids, they tell these kids they don't need school and that the government should feed and clothe them and cater to their every need. Oh life isn't fair that people that spend years training, learning and better themselves get better paid jobs over them who sit on their backsides doing nothing.

The hard working and intelligent people are being outbred, like the Currys girl earlier, these kids are about five or six years behind their age in intelligence, and before anyone says it its NOT the government, schools or anyone elses fault but their own. I went to the fourth worst school in the country and got my GCSEs, A-Levels and Degree, sorry but I just don't buy it.

Knowing you are expecting a child and sure as hell won't want or let them grow up like we have seen, what do you suggest is done to stop the rot?

As a grandparent I am extremely proud how my son and daughter-in-law are making sure their two childern know right from wrong at 3 and 1 years old and are being taught good manners and routines - basic discipline in other words. I just hope when they get to school the disciplne continues there and that children of the ilk we now see ruining this country don't undermine the good parenting that has taken place :shrug:

and what makes it worse is as they get older they breed like rabbits, the intellectual community is being out breed. think about the film idiocracy, and if you haven't seen it i suggest you do.

I had a theory about this a few years back whereby 'mongs' are breeding out of control.

Schools are turning out thicker and thicker people who can do nothing but spawn their defective genes across the country whilst the state supports them.

For every 1 mong your looking at at least 3 horrific children who don't have a chance from day 1........so they grow up and start pinging out verminous sprogs too.

Group together (giant MacDonalds to be build giving free food all day) - tactical nuke

Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.

Knowing you are expecting a child and sure as hell won't want or let them grow up like we have seen, what do you suggest is done to stop the rot?

As a grandparent I am extremely proud how my son and daughter-in-law are making sure their two childern know right from wrong at 3 and 1 years old and are being taught good manners and routines - basic discipline in other words. I just hope when they get to school the disciplne continues there and that children of the ilk we now see ruining this country don't undermine the good parenting that has taken place :shrug:

Absolutely, parents, if they don't straighten the kid out from a young age its gone. Like Rich says, the 14 year old wont take any notice of teachers, probably because the kid goes home and his parents say he is right and Rich is wrong.

Just had this come through on FB from my cuz in the riot squad...

"Also, cheeky I know but can I urge that those of you who support us and believe that we are working our butts off for the protection and safety of you and your possessions. Please can you write to your MP's requesting that we don't get our numbers cut and that we can't police to a 'budget!' Thanks"

The schooling thing is amazing. When I was at school everyone was scared stiff of the headmaster and any kids older than they were. You didnt dare mess about or be rude to teachers. You had to wear a school uniform and shirts had to be tucked in, tie had to be on. Anyone not meeting that standard was in serious trouble. Amazing how its all changed.

Mate, got room in your suitcase for two more next year? :lol:

Dont these two sound classy..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

...... and as for why they are going to riot and loot again this evening :doh: Some people have no idea of what honest, self respecting people do or how hard they work for their business and lives..... shameful :thumbdown:

The schooling thing is amazing. When I was at school everyone was scared stiff of the headmaster and any kids older than they were. You didnt dare mess about or be rude to teachers. You had to wear a school uniform and shirts had to be tucked in, tie had to be on. Anyone not meeting that standard was in serious trouble. Amazing how its all changed.

the standards are still the same, and most kids meet them to a point, but there are some how deliberately push the boundaries, and to be honest we are limited in what we can do, we spend along time collecting evidence of it, once we have enough we go for a managed move, or expulsion. but if there isn't enough evidence the parents can over turn it and back they come.

don't forget though this is 30 odd kids out of the 2000 i teach, and the majority are wonderful. and a pleasure to teach, others have major issues either due to abuse or neglect and again some of those although challenging are still great kids (even if they don't know it yet) but there is a small and growing core of rotten kids, that in some respects are so far gone there isn't alot you can do with them.

this is basically my line of defense using school policy.

detention (lunch or break or both) - for minor issues, behaviour missing home work etc (rotten kids don't turn up)

after school detention - for more serious issues or repeat offenses (rotten kids don't turn up)

faculty isolation - continuous poor behaviour in class kids are moved in to the head of departments classroom (rotten kids walk off)

S2, S4 (used for minor and serious) - senior detentions held by senior leadership team; head etc (rotten kids don't turn up)

school isolation - serious issues, basically in a cubicle in a room to work by them selves, work is supplied by teachers (rotten kids walk off)

home isolation - sent home for a pre determined time, (rotten kids happy free time off)

now in some circumstances we use managed moves putting them for a short term in other schools, often has the effect of putting them at the bottom of the food chain. doesn't last long as bad kids tend to swarm together like flies to a turd.

in other cases we refer kids to PRU's (pupil referal units) i used to work in one, kids with major issues are helped here, taught how to communicate and control anger etc, and also kept in an environment where they cant harm others etc. but funding is tight kids sometimes go but not for long before they are sent back to normal school.

basically after all that its down to me to think on my feet and how i talk and deal with the kids. as you can probably see most of deterrents work for normal kids who have respect and good parents, they probably only ever go as far as the detention route. but for the ones that don't care, there is bog all to stop them.

if they skip to much school the EWO get involved and fine the parents, but the kids don't care.

some of you might find this of interest,

its an E-petition to the government that all Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337

Beat me to it. I have it posted up on Facebook too. A lot of people coming back to me saying due to the heavy demand the server keeps going down! Good, it means people are rushing to sign it.

The problem is as Rich pointed out - they have nothing to lose - so the losers just walk away or dont turn up full stop. If they dont go to school then benefits will pay for their life anyway, they dont need a job so why go to school huh?! Cutting their and direct family benefits is the only way to make feel the pain.

some of you might find this of interest,

its an E-petition to the government that all Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337

Beat me to it. I have it posted up on Facebook too. A lot of people coming back to me saying due to the heavy demand the server keeps going down! Good, it means people are rushing to sign it.

these new e - petitions need to get over 100,000 votes, and then they have to be raised in parliament to be discussed you have 12 months in which to reach that figure, if you don't then the petition fails before really going.

it was nearly 20,000 when i signed it, and if its getting bogged out then hopefully it will be a quick number gain to 100,000

Dont these two sound classy..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

If i had been the reporter i would have got the sack after smacking the stupid bitch in the mush. Stupid tart! :thumbdown:

my god were they real or was that a comedy sketch?

Beavis.... Yep I would have done the same :thumbs:

Rabbitstew...... unfortunately they are real and thats the mentality of more than just a few people in this country.

Its a realty sad state of affairs, parents dont give a toss, so kids dont give a toss........ the cycle will never end in some families.

I have signed the petition, maybe they should all have a Achilles tendon cut as well so they cant run away anymore. I have always been a fan of some of the middle eastern penalties.... if you steal you loose a finger (whole hand maybe a bit harsh for a first offence)....... before long you wont be able to steal anymore :thumbs:

I have always been a fan of some of the middle eastern penalties.... if you steal you loose a finger (whole hand maybe a bit harsh for a first offence)....... before long you wont be able to steal anymore :thumbs:

Agreed. If the right level deterrents are in place it does the job - here we seemed to have reached a stage where our "deterrents" on getting caught are seen as adding to the street cred :doh:

Can you wonder when Parliament invited petitions that the first to gain the greatest support was that to bring back the death penalty. :dry: