New member and new car

Hi Everyone,

I've just put down a deposit on this -

IMG_0139.jpg

Will be picking it up next Saturday and can't wait.

Would I be right in saying its the 300 GT model as the 313 would have the bonnet bulge?

It's a 2009 one and having a look around it seems that the 313 was introduced in 2007, although I've seen some adverts for other Zeds that claim they are a 313 although the bulge isn't evident.

Is there generally some confusion about this.

Anyway, next week can't come soon enough and I hope the weathers going to be decent so I can get the top down :D

Hello and Welcome :wave:

Hi Everyone,

It's a 2009 one and having a look around it seems that the 313 was introduced in 2007, although I've seen some adverts for other Zeds that claim they are a 313 although the bulge isn't evident.

Is there generally some confusion about this.

You will be suprised how many dealers/adverts are wrong about what engine is in a Zed, plenty of information on here you'll be up to speed ;) in no time.

Nice looking zed and welcome. Slightly confused by the bonnet though, the reg plate and gt4 wheels suggest one of the last 350's, but why no bonnet bulge as i thought these were on all post 07MY cars. could it be an 06MY not registered for a couple of years? If you are happy with the car gre.at, but I would want to investigate a bit further as it may have implications on resale

Welcome to the forum :wave: . Interesting car, as someone else has suggested this car has been sitting at a dealers for maybe 2 years or so. I don't believe it's possible to fit the older bonnet to a 313 model as the engine is a bit taller.

Pete

As everyone else has said with later 350s the registration year seems to have little relation to the engine you get - when looking around I have seen 07 plate cars with the HR engine and like yours 09 plates with the DE. I couldn't tell a massive difference between the MY06 and MY07 cars but the latter seem to rev a bit more freely.

:welcome:

The 313 engine requires the bonnet bulge for it to actually fit.

Another way to tell would be to see pics of the interior. Any chance you could post up the link to the advert?

Although it does have a MY07 front bumper.

Are those the GT4 alloys too?

Thats one confusing car!

er.......I'd dig a little deeper before paying the rest of the money for it.

Welcome!

This does remind of a thread about 350z's being imported from Ireland, getting GT4 alloys and a late registration. A shot of the engine bay would be the give away really. It certainly looks like a 296; but the difference for the bum dyno is negligible when it comes down to the bhp. There is no 'bad' 350z to buy, that's for sure. :thumbs:

Welcome!

This does remind of a thread about 350z's being imported from Ireland, getting GT4 alloys and a late registration. A shot of the engine bay would be the give away really. It certainly looks like a 296; but the difference for the bum dyno is negligible when it comes down to the bhp. There is no 'bad' 350z to buy, that's for sure. :thumbs:

Cheers,

My Posts are being moderated so there is a bit of a satellite delay in my responses.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the engine bay but I obviously did have a look, but can't remember the details that would swing it either way.

I'm planning on keeping this car a long time before moving on and I was impressed with the performance and sound - I'm still going to go ahead with the sale unless there are some alarm bells going off with someone on the forum. I checked the service history and the background check did say that there was no record of the car being imported.

Should I be worried?

Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the engine bay but I obviously did have a look, but can't remember the details that would swing it either way.

Did it look like the image at the top of the page (VQ35DE)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine

or this (VQ35HR)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine#VQ35HR

there is a clear difference in design and the number of air intakes.

Welcome to the club. :wave:

Nice looking motor. :)

It is a strange one. If you are happy that's what matters but bare in mind that the car is actually a couple of years older than you think it is, and the price should reflect that. Personally I wouldn't pay 09 prices for a car built pre 07.

I now understand the differences in the engines and I don't remember another air intake coming down the left hand side of the engine bay.

I'll obviously be having words with the dealer tomorrow about this - is it normal for a car to be manufactured and then hang around for at least 2 years before its registered? I'll be looking for some answers to this.

Thanks for all your help on this - the wind has been taken out my sails somewhat, but I'd rather find out about this now rather than later.

Update -

I've just had a look on the DVLA website and did a vehicle enquiry - Year of Manufacture is recorded as 2009. It looks like this car is a bit of an enigma