Engine bay mods, just needs a rad cap!!

glrnet

Well it's taken some time to get to this and it's not a patch on Shire's whose car was my inspiration when I saw it at Wales last September but I'm quite pleased with it :D Finally got it all back together today, there are a couple of little niggles that I need to sort out but if you can't see them I ain't telling :blush::lol: I did all the paintwork using aerosol paint with the exception of the Plenum and the Strut Bar which were done by a company I found in West Sussex, very helpful and very reasonable too :thumbs: Thanks to madmarky for his Throttle Body painting guide, Plastikote radiator paint works a treat. :thumbs: Special thanks to Wasso who got me out of a hole with a replacement engine cover in double quick time and all sorted out while I was on Honeymoon :scare:B) Spursmaddave, your blue pipes look great :p:lol: The earthing kit I made myself, don't know if it made any difference but it's blue and I like it :p;)

Here are a few pix starting with the only old engine bay picky I could find, this was November last year, thanks for looking :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen pretty much all of Grahams work first hand and I have to say it is very impressive, he takes so much time and effort to get things looking right and it really shows.

I know I have said it before but for someone that said they would not be doing much modding Graham is a testament to how infectious Zed modding is :blush:

Thanks guys :D Ricey, you should have a go, I'm no expert and it took a bit of research and some practice but I seemed to get the hang of it........eventually. The secret is spray a little at a time, better to have more light coats than "toshing" it on :D I could have taken the bits to a spray shop and no doubt the finish would have been better but like you said I enjoyed doing it myself :thumbs: Go on you know you want to :lol::lol:;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you mean the Plenum it's not actually chrome, I had it powder coated in silver, I guess it's just a trick of the light :shrug: Oh, by the way don't say chrome on here too loudly there are those who consider it far too American and therefore vulgar B):D

how did you get the crome engine bit above the blue cover

• 1 month later...

Decided I didn't really like the K & N air filter box but wanted to keep the K & N blue pipe work, so had a bit of a head scratch and a measure and decided to put the original air box back on.

In a nutshell I cut the flexi joint part off the original air pipe and fixed it to the blue pipe with a rubber collar and jubilee clip, had to shorten the blue pipe considerably though so at one point I had to intake systems that were never going to work again :scare: Anyway it all went together quite nicely and I managed to keep the front blue pipe from the bumper scoop (doesn't show in the pix, sorry) and attached that to the inlet side of the airbox, just got to get a decent panel filter now and job done, oh and I sprayed the panel filter holder blue, might have to get some silver on as well B):lol: