forum crash

Husky

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just had the following happen when clicking 'Open Link in New Tab' in Firefox on the 'View your posts' link:

Problem just appeared to be a blip - was fine when clicking on it again...

Not sure how you managed that :wacko::lol:

whens chat coming back lads?

I've enabled it, lets see how it goes. The forum has been very stable since disabling it so any sign of a regression and it will be turned off again.

Were you not happy with Anders replacement? ;)

Just had the following happen when clicking 'Open Link in New Tab' in Firefox on the 'View your posts' link:

Problem just appeared to be a blip - was fine when clicking on it again...

Not sure how you managed that :wacko::lol:

whens chat coming back lads?

I've enabled it, lets see how it goes. The forum has been very stable since disabling it so any sign of a regression and it will be turned off again.

Were you not happy with Anders replacement? ;)

I was but he blew his comp up which then meant having to re-register which I couldn't remember how to do :lol: so I've been without any chat for a few weeks lol. The chat was impressive until he broke it :lol:;):thumbs:

:lol: the chat has been open evenings around 6 or 7 onwards, since there was no activity on it really so thought it was a bit of waste. If you read your pm you can see that there is no need to re-register. If people want it on 24-7 then use the bloody thing :p you missed lots of fun on that actually... it should be named the purchase channel instead! LOL

:lol: the chat has been open evenings around 6 or 7 onwards, since there was no activity on it really so thought it was a bit of waste. If you read your pm you can see that there is no need to re-register. If people want it on 24-7 then use the bloody thing :p you missed lots of fun on that actually... it should be named the purchase channel instead! LOL

Yer and we all know who did the purchasing!!!! :rant::rant:

:lol::lol:

Who's been buying what lol?

Yer and we all know who did the purchasing!!!! :rant::rant:

:lol::lol:

:blush:;)

Who's been buying what lol?

:disguise:

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from when the site totally crashes I do not ever have a problem with our site. Started using Opera rather than Windows Explorer 9 and have to say this site is very stable with it compared with Explorer. I am not a Teckie but the difference is very noticable. Just thought I would let you all know my findings.

IE is generally just a pain in the bum! The amount of standard that it doesnt actually follow is crazy. If you want things to display 100% correct, do not use IE :lol:

I've just swapped over to Firefox 6 today and that seems to be running well :)

+1

Today was the first problem I've had for about a month or so I guess. :)

sorry for the delay chaps. looks like it was server.

As chris pointed out the forum has been very stable and far quicker for over a month now mainly due to his efforts :clap:

still see husky is here though

As chris pointed out the forum has been very stable and far quicker for over a month now mainly due to his efforts :clap:

But didn't he break it in the first place :lol:

Hey - sometimes you have to break it to learn how to fix it properly. Just like building an FI car - sometimes they go pop :p:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...