Small rant!!

oliver789

So, I was driving my car to work today as usual and when I got in the office one of my co-workers said that its the kind of car that is driven by ''hairdressers'' and ''women'' like the TT!! I was not impressed!! I mean the TT is probably a really good car, but totally different to the Zed! Just because it is a two seater coupe doesn't make it a ''hairdressers'' or ''girls'' car, does it??

I thought long and hard before buying my Zed, to get a car that was quick, looked good and was relatively ''rare'' on the roads, whilst trying to avoid any stigmas that are placed on certain cars!!

I couldn't convince my colleague that it wasn't a hairdressers or girls car and he was adamant that it was. Perhaps he was jealous because he drives a big ''cumbersome'' BMW X5 which, in my opinion, lacks any character and is only liked because it is a big ''luxurious'' BMW, and all the Kudos that goes with the badge.

Don't want to start criticizing cars I don't like because that won't make me popular! But just wondered, are there any ladies or hairdressers on this forum (that own a 350z)???

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...BMW, and all the Kudos that goes with the badge.

eh?

Anyway, you'll soon get used one of several lines of banter from those who betray their own ignorance of cars...

1. It's a hairdressers car

2. Poor man's TT (my personal favourite)

2. It's a Datsun

Just smile and say "yeah". At the end of the day - he wouldn't bother with the banter if he wasn't impressed by it...

:thumbs:

No it's not a hair dressers car mate. He drives an X5 which is basically a car for ferrying kids around in, usually driven my middle aged women who drive them because if they didn't they might actually hurt themselves when they misjudge things and hit cars :lol: really wouldn't let it bother me and anyways what's wrong with hair dressers? Not all hair dressers are stereo typical blonde airheads.

No it's not a hair dressers car mate. He drives an X5 which is basically a car for ferrying kids around in, usually driven my middle aged women who drive them because if they didn't they might actually hurt themselves when they misjudge things and hit cars :lol: really wouldn't let it bother me and anyways what's wrong with hair dressers? Not all hair dressers are stereo typical blonde airheads.

Don't you mean: He drives an X5 which is basically a car for ferrying kids around in, usually driven my middle aged men who drive them because if they didn't their wives would hurt them.

Either way works. :thumbs:

so what if it is a hair dressers car? or women drive it?

its not a yorkie bar; and doesnt have a sign that says "men only" :lol:

hairdressers have a lot of cash (well the good ones do) whats wrong if they like nice cars like the zed; are you saying garages need to have career checks on purchase... "i'm sorry love but thats a 350Z; and according to my records its says your a hairdresser. I'm affraid i can;t sell you the car." :shrug:

i've had it with several cars; i even get it on here with my S2k. arrogance and ignorance isn't just based to people in BMW's ;)

and yes there is a large and growing crowd of sprinkles (girls) on this forum, and i'm sure someone on here probably cuts hair as well.

anyways its not the girls and hair dressers you have to worry about with the zed image, its the chavs that will buy it when it hits 5k in value :lol:

...BMW, and all the Kudos that goes with the badge.

eh?

Anyway, you'll soon get used one of several lines of banter from those who betray their own ignorance of cars...

1. It's a hairdressers car

2. Poor man's TT (my personal favourite)

2. It's a Datsun

Just smile and say "yeah". At the end of the day - he wouldn't bother with the banter if he wasn't impressed by it...

:thumbs:

when I said ''kudos that goes with the badge'' i meant that people think BMWs are better than they probably are because of the reputation they have.

Poor mans TT that is a good one - although I'm sure they are the same sort of price as a TT!!

X5 = Chelsea tractor

As mentioned, take him out on a country road and show him what the 'hair dressers' car is capable of. A 'hair dressers' car is something more like a MX-5, as an MX-5 is more show than go. (Dont get me wrong I like MX-5's) Tell your mate to use the term correctly!

X5 = Chelsea tractor

As mentioned, take him out on a country road and show him what the 'hair dressers' car is capable of. A 'hair dressers' car is something more like a MX-5, as an MX-5 is more show than go. (Dont get me wrong I like MX-5's) Tell your mate to use the term correctly!

:lol: really

have you been out in an MX5? supurb handling, great balance, its a treat to drive, if i was buying a cheap track car this would be right up there. ;)

like i said car arrogance and ignorance comes from drivers of all cars

My MX5 was always referred to in this way. Even after I stuck a turbo in it and could out pace and out handle every other car at work.

When I got the Zed that stopped straight away. Someone even remarked how it looked like a car that would kick the @*!# out of you if you bad-mouthed it.

I could never imagine anyone referring to the Zed as a hairdresses car!

X5 = Chelsea tractor

have you been out in an MX5? supurb handling, great balance, its a treat to drive, if i was buying a cheap track car this would be right up there. ;)

No ignorance here fella...

Yeah I have driven my mates one several times before he got his Z4, very light on its toes but at the end of the day they dont have a massive amount of power and I never said they were no fun. It is alot better than his current Z4 truth be told as its only a 2.0l. I am not slating them they are very good cars and I believe they have won many awards, but most of the models are not that fast.

What you want to do is this.

Kick him straight in the bollos and ask him if THATS what a "hairdresser" does. If his answer is No, then tell him to STFU!

What excuse of a car does he drive....... :shrug:

Oh, That was said in jest, before we get the righteous brigade start bumping their gums.... :lol:

Cellotape a lock of hair to his windscreen and stab some scissors through his tyres..........its for the best.

Generally anything with 2 seats gets referred to as a hairdressers car or birds car.........usually by fat toss pieces with seriously small todgers and mahusive 4x4's.

Cellotape a lock of hair to his windscreen and stab some scissors through his tyres..........its for the best.

Generally anything with 2 seats gets referred to as a hairdressers car or birds car.........usually by fat toss pieces with seriously small todgers and mahusive 4x4's.

I had my roof down today, and some twongo pulled up along side me at traffic lights and called me a w4nker. Christ, i was minding my own and I get fricking abuse for it. WTF :shrug:

Gave him the birdy and left him standing at the lights.

I had my roof down today, and some twongo pulled up along side me at traffic lights and called me a w4nker. Christ, i was minding my own and I get fricking abuse for it. WTF :shrug:

Gave him the birdy and left him standing at the lights.

Always quite useful to either have a water pistol filled with urine in the car for these instances.

Whilst I'm like driving Ms Daisy most of the time that kind of thing would incite me to leave the chimp in a cloud of rubber.

X5 = Chelsea tractor

Yeah I have driven my mates one several times before he got his Z4, very light on its toes but at the end of the day they dont have a massive amount of power and I never said they were no fun. It is alot better than his current Z4 truth be told as its only a 2.0l. I am not slating them they are very good cars and I believe they have won many awards, but most of the models are not that fast.

sorry, just used to people who've never tried a car slating it. come across alot on here who believe the zed to be so much more than it actually is and looking doen their nose at other things. its a syndrome i like to call zed tinted glasses. :lol: glad to see your not a sufferer

He's pulling your banger mate - don't let it bother you.

If he keeps egging you on just say yeah it is a hairdressers car. I didn't want to buy a BMW as I didn't want people thinking I was an arrogant ****.

:lol::lol:

You are my hero......

Christ on a bike, most of you lot are as bad as the X5 driver!

An X5 is a bloody good vehicle, and if I wanted an SUV that's where my money would go. An MX-5 is utterly brilliant fun and a good driver in one will leave an average driver in a 350Z for dead on country lanes. Z4 is far more capable than people give it credit for, too.

Who cares what others say? No car is perfect at everything, there's always a compromise that won't impress someone, so ignore it. Personally I respond to hairdresser comments with an offer of a quick cut and blow dry, might as well join in on the joke!

And yes, that does make me just another flash w*nker in a Porsche with no taste! :lol:

X5 = Chelsea tractor

sorry, just used to people who've never tried a car slating it. come across alot on here who believe the zed to be so much more than it actually is and looking doen their nose at other things. its a syndrome i like to call zed tinted glasses. :lol: glad to see your not a sufferer

No worries fella :thumbs: when I was on the MK4 Golf forums people used to bang on about how great they are and even how well they handled :surrender: mine handled like a Blancmange!

At the end of the day one mans dream car is another mans nightmare :) so long as we are all happy what keys we pickup when we go out thats all that matters!