With £3/3.5k to spend, what would you buy!

shire350Z

Girlfriends cars finally died so weve got around three to three and a half grand to spend, wanting something economical to run and not that old to save on the wear and tear.

Any ideas to help us out ??? Its hard finding inspiration with such a limited amount of money to spend :lol:

Many thanks :thumbs:

Depending on weather you trust Alpha's or not...........the 147.

£3500 will get you a fairly sweet spec'd one...............weather it will get you home or not is another question but I can't see it being any less reliable than going French.

I'm still looking for my new work runabout, but i'm heading to Leeds this weekend to look at some more Focii! ;) Also on the list is 1.4Tdi Fiesta, Polo etc.

Theres's nothing decent for low money round here at the minute, so i've had to either spend more, or go further afield.

If economy is an issue but you still want a decent drive, I'd recommend a MKIV Golf GT TDi 150. I had one before the Zed and it was a cracking car (for a diseasel). Loads of poke (230 odd torks iirc) as standard and a stage 1 chip would take it to 190bhp - I always felt it had no right to be as quick as it was. Evo rated it too and the Anniversary models are quite smart.

I'd say any of the VAG cars with this engine would fit the bill :thumbs: