Cup Final Agony - Literally!!!

Sarnie

Morning Guys,

So Sunday afternoon was the pinnacle of my Sunday league teams season. We finished 4th inor division with promotion to the Prem division likely. We also got to the semifinal of one cup and the final of another, which was on Sunday just gone.

The team were playing won our division by ten points so we were clearly underdogs. We organised a big **** up for afterwards and with the glorius weather, it was goining to be a great day, win or lose.

As player/manager I named myself as a sub. We had an early goal wrongly disallowed and by about 80 mins gone were 3-0 down. With the game over I thought I'd throw myself on for the last ten. A minute after coming on upfront one of my players plays a great through ball over the top for me, I run on to it and with my first touch crash a great volley into the top corner, expertly avoiding a tackle at the same time. Or so I thought. I hit the deck and feel a weird pain in my arm. I look down to see hand virtually facing the wrong way and what can only be described as a new joint in my forearm!!

So one minute on the pitch, one touch, one goal and one mangled right arm. Livid.

I've been in Heartland Hospital since Sunday now and had an op yesterday on it.

Naturally my Mrs went mad at ME for going on right at the end, as if I knew it was going to happen :lol:

it's taken nearly an hour to wrote this post left handed on an iPhone, so don't expect any frivolous spamming from me in the next six weeks!! :(

Liam

Get well soon, I know how annoying it is when things like that happen.

I broke my 4th Metatarsal back in July 09 then when I finally got the all clear from the doc to play football again, lasted 3 matches and broke it again :(

Needless to say work weren't too impressed, altho they can't moan as the first time I had 2 weeks off work and second time I booked a couple of days off and was back at work after a couple of days, lol