What have i done....?

marzman

... :headhurt:

This evening i... officially got engaged to my girlfriend! :cloud9:

There was none of that romantic proposal rubbish though... i kind of half heartedly asked her at the weekend and she said yes, and then we went out and picked a ring earlier in the week, and it was resized for collection today. It wasnt a big expensive one - just a few hundred, but with the promise that i'll get her a propper one when she goes back to work. She likes this one though and says its fine.

We've been together 6.5 years, since we were 19, but im still embarrassed to tell my family. I haven't told any of my friends yet, and probably wont. :blush:

...So its now official *Gulp*

Thanks all. Joelle's just group-txt everyone in her phone book so we're working our way through the messages.

I dont feel like a grown up yet - that's why i think im embarrassed. I've told most of my family now and they're all very happy. Apparently they've all been talking for the last 3 years about why we're not engaged yet, so this will shut them up :lol:

And Unbashed - i am a romantic person, but i think a proposal on a large scale is difficult to do when you've been together a while? :D Maybe im just a wimp :lol:

congratulations you bloody big wimp! Very pretty ring. Not sure why she's getting another when SHE goes back to work though....... :lol:

You could have done what my ex did, took me to a jewellers to choose, then asked if we could use MY credit card! Needless to say, we never got engaged for about another 5 years after that............ :lol: I could have let you have a nice one carat solitaire cheap! :lol:

none of that romantic proposal rubbish ?

half heartedly?

Your not exactly the most romantic person in the world then? :lol:

Congrats mate! :thumbs:

bet ur really a romantic cheeseball and had a genius proposal but ur just too embarrassed to tell us! lol nice one mate congrats to u both

My Mum's husband proposed like you did, and my Mum said no until he did it properly on one knee. So when she went to the toilet one day, he went in the bathroom and proposed on one knee in front of her :blink: And yes they did get married. I'm sure your missus prefers your proposal :lol:

Anyways, congrats :thumbs: