Now on my 3rd ZED

Ebized

Yep, UK56ZED has been replaced by GU59UNS - a 370GT in storm white.

Made my mind up after the Race Academy drive at Silverstone followed by a test (on my own :D ) of a manual demonstrator. I'll be the first to admit that the jury is still out on the looks but the drive is pure ZED and the syncro match works so well when you exploit the car's full potential.

I had seriously considered a very late full Nismo kitted 313ps 350 but nothing was about. As I do not have a garage I did want a replacement that had at least 2 years warranty so started looking at the s/h 370's and came across my choice having already paid a holding deposit on a silver one. 'GUNS' popped up for sale and in less than 12 hours it was mine :yahoo: It is basically a new car - only done 68 miles since it was registered at the end of September and kept in the showroom and I effectively made a £3k saving on the new price and only having to wait until New Years Eve to pick it up. It is absolutely pristine in all respects.

Even better, I got £15k trade-in for mine (and it had a ding in the rear bumper) which means I lost less than 50% from new, and no hassles with a private sale. OK it had only done 21K miles but at least I have no worries with any issues a private buyer might raise.

So some pics of my latest ZED:

As seen when I signed on the line:

P1060458.jpg

Upon picking it up from Crawley Down Motors:

P1060494.jpg

The mileage doubled after my 'long way' home :lol:

P1060497.jpg

And on New Years Day

P1060520.jpg

With the low mileage I'll have to wait a while before I give it the full Ebized work-out but it is very willing already - looking foward to adding 1k miles over the next few weeks so I can give it some real beans :teeth:

A few things I have discovered:

Auto lights and wipers - work well.

Lane change signals, and no issue with the self-cancelling not working.

Heated seats and backs are VERY effective.

The passenger seat now has electric recline.

The satnav and bluetooth system seem quite impressive - have to say it is all very easy to use and much clearer than in the 350.

Fuel filler cover release is by touch rather than a button.

Low washer fluid warning light (so the handbook says)

Although the overall size of the 370 is slightly smaller than the 350, that does not feel the case from the driver's seat.

Intelligent key - well it has got me confused a couple of times :blush: And the handbook says you can open and close the windows with it - but despite doing the checks I can't seem to get that to work.

There is definitely less storage/cubby hole space than in a 350 and the glovebox is literally for that and no more - not so good.

And all the hype about the strut bar being removed to make space is twaddle as the boot depth is less and the pull tonneau compromises the space even further.

I already miss the big storage box behind the passenger seat.

No spare wheel is a big downside for me -instead the sub-woofer is in its place (if lifts out) and just stuff to supposedly seal a puncture and you get a plug-in pump :doh:

P1060503.jpg

The quick reference guide made me laugh about opening the tailgate from inside the car:

P1060500.jpg

Are Nissan really that strapped for cash to get some updated images done :lol:

The bonnet has a pop-up system (see pic) in the event of a front-end shunt - I remember reading what it cost a GTR owner to have that fixed :scare:

P1060507.jpg

Brigestones 050A's fitted - looking forward to exploring their limits ;)

The roof design incorporates a semi-gutter arrangement - yet to see if that stops my right arm getting a soaking

P1060515.jpg

and I can't see the front spash guards lasting long on some of the Welsh hairpins

P1060510.jpg

In the next week or so I should have some more info about how I spent some of the £3k saving on the list price. ;) Watch this space

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Colin, looks very nice, and heartening result on the trade in for other potential upgraders.

Have to say that both Fran and I aren't really convinced by the white, but we still have yet to see one in the flesh, so that will have to wait.

Damn shame about the reductions in storage space, it is supposed to be a GT after all!

So you did get a Fang after all Colin B)

I have to say it looks the dogs in White :thumbs:

We are all looking forward to reading your reviews in the next few weeks.

Hope you enjoy it and show the kids how to drive it properly ;)

Why not have a really long test drive up North ;) The kettle is always on here :D

Yet another great number plate :)

Fantastic. I'm awaiting the delivery of my 3rd - a Storm White 370z GT due on 27th Jan - just over 3 weeks to go!

Currently got a UK 350z GT in Azure Blue that I bought new in August '04 which I will need to sell shortly - not looking forward to that but the Nissan dealer only offered £8k and wanted closer to £9.5k.

I also had a '93 300ZX Twin Turbo (400bhp) a few years ago.

Cheers.

Thanks for the kind comments guys - I am really quite chuffed at the deal

Why not have a really long test drive up North ;) The kettle is always on here :D

and might well take you up on that offer - especially as you and Lucy will be getting your own new addition and that's a good reason to puts ome miles on the car, and the cine :lol: . And June has been mentioning about a visit to the Lakes so look out Andrew/Fran and Martin/Liz, we might be popping in to see you too :D

Fantastic. I'm awaiting the delivery of my 3rd - a Storm White 370z GT due on 27th Jan - just over 3 weeks to go!

Currently got a UK 350z GT in Azure Blue that I bought new in August '04 which I will need to sell shortly - not looking forward to that but the Nissan dealer only offered £8k and wanted closer to £9.5k.

I also had a '93 300ZX Twin Turbo (400bhp) a few years ago.

Cheers.

And welcome to the forum bud. Stick a post in the intro sections. :thumbs: