Now on my 3rd ZED

Ebized

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it! I'd never buy anything in white though. Always looks filthy by the time you get it to the end of the road! :bang:

Its a myth I tell you, white is the easiest colour I've ever had to keep clean, especially compared to black!!

Love it! I'd never buy anything in white though. Always looks filthy by the time you get it to the end of the road! :bang:

Its a myth I tell you, white is the easiest colour I've ever had to keep clean, especially compared to black!!

You have just made my day then :lol:

The best colour choice by far Colin...Enjoy!

The white will be a bit of a mare to keep clean (mine goes to the local car wash 3 times a week!) but it is worth it cos it still makes me smile everytime I walk towards it!

White gets a LOT of admiring looks too!!! B)

Ps..The "self healing" paint does actually work. I had a wooden gate blow open onto my bumper, nothing too drastic in terms of damage, a little T cut did the trick, but there were still small surface scratches visible upon close inspection. After a few days they went...weird as I thought it would be a load of BS but far play it works for small scuffs etc!

The white will be a bit of a mare to keep clean (mine goes to the local car wash 3 times a week!) but it is worth it cos it still makes me smile everytime I walk towards it!

White gets a LOT of admiring looks too!!! B)

Ps..The "self healing" paint does actually work. I had a wooden gate blow open onto my bumper, nothing too drastic in terms of damage, a little T cut did the trick, but there were still small surface scratches visible upon close inspection. After a few days they went...weird as I thought it would be a load of BS but far play it works for small scuffs etc!

Looks like my car washing habit continues as before then :lol:

Good news about the paint healing seemingly working :thumbs: Makes me wonder if that will mean less 'swirling' - we shall see

And it healed the stonechips that would be even better :blink:

And it healed the stonechips that would be even better :blink:

Wish that was true too, unfortunately anything that breaks the clearcoat cant be healed :surrender:

Will be interesting to see how "glass like" the self healing clearcoat stays over time and how it reacts to polishing etc.

:scare: you seriously trust your 370Z to a car wash - brave man. I'm quite keen on those guys in supermarket car parks with a trolley and a bucket of 50% water / 50% grit - not!

Please NOOOOOOOOOO!!

Never use a car wash :scare:

whats this self healing paint, not come across that before?

The clear coat on the paint is somewhat plyable. If you put a slight scratch in just the clearcoat (like swirls), then it will smooth itself over time. I've heard it works much better in warmer climates, which is backed up by Infiniti telling me they use heat guns to help along the process on customer cars. The only downside I have heard is that it can look quite orange peely.

i thought the 350's were like that. or ia that juat down to crap paint, as i've managed to remould the laquer before as its soft on the 350

Nope, 350z paint definately doesnt do that, they are soft as shite and dont fix themelves!