Best Fuel

Umster

I mean no offence and clearly you have your thoughts on the matter which are contrary to an actual engine tuner who does this for a living. A cheaper fuel gives better performance by a hp amount others would and have paid hundreds of £££ on engine mods for up to 5-15hp - I see that as a positive. 

• Like 1

I always ask the same question with this question - how does the car know what fuel is in it?

I didnt watch the whole 20 minutes but the dude mentions at the beginning he adjusted the timing to be "aggressive", so not how the car usually runs. As with anything with a knock sensor the car will start pulling timing when it detects knock, but the key fact is that it unless engine management has fuelflex then it wont advance timing when the fuel is "better"

For me this test is showing which fuel gives closest replication of whatever the car was originally mapped on, it would be more illuminating to remap the car for each fuel but youre bringing a whole load more variables into it then. 
If youre running FI, higher boost and fuel flex (or are mapped for a specific fuel) then Ive no doubt there are gains to be made but for most the difference is going to be minimal. 

Minimal and not noticeable, I get whichever super is convenient and go on my merry way, I have a mate who will only run Esso, makes his life (and ours when convoying) miserable. Even on a trackday I just get whichever super is nearest to the track. I'm pretty sure if you were to ask Jez which fuel to put her his reply is which ever is convenient.

On 13/02/2023 at 09:45, docwra said:

I always ask the same question with this question - how does the car know what fuel is in it?

I didnt watch the whole 20 minutes but the dude mentions at the beginning he adjusted the timing to be "aggressive", so not how the car usually runs. As with anything with a knock sensor the car will start pulling timing when it detects knock, but the key fact is that it unless engine management has fuelflex then it wont advance timing when the fuel is "better"

For me this test is showing which fuel gives closest replication of whatever the car was originally mapped on, it would be more illuminating to remap the car for each fuel but youre bringing a whole load more variables into it then. 
If youre running FI, higher boost and fuel flex (or are mapped for a specific fuel) then Ive no doubt there are gains to be made but for most the difference is going to be minimal. 

You’ve not considered though that this is on YouTube, so is 153% more correct versus all other methods of sharing information that the sheeple consume via lamestream media.

So, yeah.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I’m still in stitches that anyone thought this was a scientific experiment. Cars are emotional topics for most of us, especially Z owners. But anyway I’m glad so many of us enjoyed the content.

Time to go calibrate my butt Dyno and go for a drive. Remember to stretch your ponies out this weekend!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Umster said:

I’m still in stitches that anyone thought this was a scientific experiment. Cars are emotional topics for most of us, especially Z owners. But anyway I’m glad so many of us enjoyed the content.

Time to go calibrate my butt Dyno and go for a drive. Remember to stretch your ponies out this weekend!

Look man, we don’t need you and your science. Well, we don’t need it for aliens, medicine, religion or flat earth. We sometimes need it for fuel, choosing our brand of oil, generally for the internal combustion engine to function, oh, and the internet, but not if you use any of those things for more science. We’ve had enough of experts, Brexit MEANS Brexit. I hope I’ve made myself clear on this :lol:

• Haha 4

Still not sure what scares me more, that people believe science is infallible or that Brexit made it into another thread.

I must admit though that at least the WHO and NASA constantly update “science”. I also like that the difference between humans and robots is as simple as choice or emotion (or lack thereof).

To everyone else, enjoy whatever type of fuel makes you happy, there will always be someone to come along and tell you you’re wrong. Because choice is not allowed!!!!

• Like 2