Electric Vehicles are coming

ATTAK Z

18 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

I hope we don't get forced in to driving appliances/cars like this😕

If you dont live in a big city nothing to worry about in the short term. Although we will eventually be paying per mile or getting hit with sudden increases of VED. Which will apply to EVs as well. ULEZ will be replicated in every city in the country. If it fails pay per mile will come in. Supercar performance for a fraction of the cost. Its tempting with manufacturers now addressing weight and handling issues that come with them. The tech is interesting

13 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

If you dont live in a big city nothing to worry about in the short term. Although we will eventually be paying per mile or getting hit with sudden increases of VED. Which will apply to EVs as well. ULEZ will be replicated in every city in the country. If it fails pay per mile will come in. Supercar performance for a fraction of the cost. Its tempting with manufacturers now addressing weight and handling issues that come with them. The tech is interesting

I am outskirts of Bristol 

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

USA likely to reject 2030 deadline from what people are saying about their Grid setup.

US EV Tech Government Meeting

I don't think there will be many countries who's grids would be able to cope with the surge of electricity required for 50% adoption of EV's. The climate impact of building EV's is a problem, but also the infrastructure required to generate that much electricity will also have a negative on climate change. 

The worlds biggest polluter is China at 30% of all global emissions, just pushing EV's is not enough, more should done to kerb emissions from power stations and factories etc, 

1. China, with more than 10,065 million tons of CO2 released.
  2. United States, with 5,416 million tons of CO2
  3. India, with 2,654 million tons of CO2
  4. Russia, with 1,711 million tons of CO2
  5. Japan, 1,162 million tons of CO2
  6. Germany, 759 million tons of CO2
  7. Iran, 720 million tons of CO2
  8. South Korea, 659 million tons of CO2
  9. Saudi Arabia, 621 million tons of CO2
  10. Indonesia, 615 million tons of CO2

• Like 1

On 15/07/2023 at 00:07, ShortPaul said:

I am outskirts of Bristol 

I was on the Wales trip. Stopped off in Bristol for dinner. The congestion charging zone is small. At least theres high streets outside Bristol so no need to go to the town center. Kinda killing the town centers but hey ho

3 hours ago, Coz@TORQEN said:

I'm paying £550 a year on a BMW 330e which is a 2L petrol but also Hybrid, yet my old diesel 1 series was £20.... 

Another cash cow, just like ULEZ. 

What happened to you at Beaulieu last weekend ?. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

So our two runabouts, a 2015 C1 and a 2016 Aygo (currently zero VED) will be zero no more?

Possibly. My brothers Toyota IQ remains £0 from 2002. Im not sure if it applies to older cars pre 2011. 0.9 liters may remain 0-£20 pound as well as small hybrids 

13 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

So our two runabouts, a 2015 C1 and a 2016 Aygo (currently zero VED) will be zero no more?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/introduction-of-vehicle-excise-duty-for-zero-emission-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-from-2025/introduction-of-vehicle-excise-duty-for-zero-emission-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-from-2025

No, the changes only apply to zero emission cars. Whilst the VED for ICE cars may still change at that point. It’s not covered by these new regulations. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ekona said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/introduction-of-vehicle-excise-duty-for-zero-emission-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-from-2025/introduction-of-vehicle-excise-duty-for-zero-emission-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-from-2025

No, the changes only apply to zero emission cars. Whilst the VED for ICE cars may still change at that point. It’s not covered by these new regulations. 

"This measure effectively removes Band A under the graduated VED system (for cars registered on or after 01/03/01 and before 01/04/17 with a CO2 emissions). As the Band A rate is currently £0, these vehicles will be required to move to the first band where a rate becomes payable – in this case Band B."

Unless I'm getting confuzzed here (likely), the above suggests that our 2015/2016 C1 and Aygo will become payable.

8 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

"This measure effectively removes Band A under the graduated VED system (for cars registered on or after 01/03/01 and before 01/04/17 with a CO2 emissions). As the Band A rate is currently £0, these vehicles will be required to move to the first band where a rate becomes payable – in this case Band B."

Unless I'm getting confuzzed here (likely), the above suggests that our 2015/2016 C1 and Aygo will become payable.

Literally the top line says this only applies to electric vehicles. 

• Like 1