Electric Vehicles are coming

ATTAK Z

8 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

Here's a bit of an eye-opener

MG Delivered the MG4 for 26k 2nd most sold EV atm. Then they came with the 430HP X Power Version for 36K. Only thing to worry about is depreciation and build quality. The european models seem to be depreciating at an alarming rate. 

If China can sell their stuff here, the rivals will have to deliver more sub £40,000 cars. VED Taxation should force that as many people wont be in a hurry to pay £520 road tax.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw the MG in the flesh last week. Good looking car indeed and lower than the 370z also heard the MG GBT v8 cold start. Now that's a proper car. My brother picked up a white Taycan with the white rims new a few days ago. Not sure what spec yet. His kids let the cat out the bag in advance. Unlike when I got the 350Z lol congrats! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ilogikal1 said:

Out of interest, why is about time?

It served it's purpose but didn't really evolve despite the face lift in 2018. Imagine they had made it into a model 3 type 4 door with a more appealing design. It could have stayed as a hatchback but with a slightly longer wheelbase. They allowed Tesla to steal their market share when they had a 4 year headstart in the mainstream. 

They will struggle compete with the likes of MG who will probably refresh the line up every 3 to 4 years! Selling more appealing designed cars from mid 20s. Prices of Leaf have reduced but the likes of the Ariya at 48k was quite high. I see they reduced them by 5 to 6k since release. So now MG are closing in on Nissan in EV sales. Others have joined the party but BYD and Co are able to offer sub 40k cars easily with new Chinese companies to enter EU market shortly. 

I'm assuming going forward Nissan will make 3 to 4 new crossover SUVs of varying sizes under a new platform. 1 or 2 of them being built in Sunderland. They should include a 4 door saloon they can sell to public sector and govt agencies. Tesla already sold a few to the police. A refresh is needed with new players in the UK. 

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/replacing-loss-making-car-dealers-helped-mg-boost-profits-to-54m-in-the-uk/291415

MG bought a few Nissan dealerships pushing them to the back of the shop. So it's literally now MG Kia Nissan with huge MG logo on the front in Glyn Hopkins and wlmg. Other MG groups have Kia next door.