stanski

New supra finally seen in the flesh/metal!

It does look good in side profile to be fair. Loads of modded examples in the states now

I think with a nice front and rear bodykit it's actually good to go. Really want to test drive one, supposedly a chap in West London has already remapped it. 

After seeing it in the flesh, I've started to warm to it. 

• Like 1

I really liked it when I first saw one in the metal(it was Black). That Red one looks great to my eyes and I really hope that Toyota eventually offer it with a three pedal manual for sure. 

That might be the ugliest version of any car I’ve seen in twenty years. That’s utterly disgusting. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ekona said:

That might be the ugliest version of any car I’ve seen in twenty years. That’s utterly disgusting. 

Each to there own 

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

I really like it but most people do say I'm a bit odd

:shrug:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've now heard there putting a lesser powered 2.0 Turbo engine in it now too... dunno why, I bet the price drop isn't that much and doesn't open it up to a whole lot of other buyers who couldn't just buy the first variant.  I keep seeing a matt grey (possible launch edition?) one round at my work or passing it a lot.  It does look good and def Japanese from the outside at least.  I wouldn't say its underwhelming from comments I've seen all over the net in various reviews/forums.  Lets remember, although a pretty car with its clean lines the original Supra and its curvyness wasn't exactly ....amazing to look at lol Not much too it, long bonnet, curves...a spoiler lol. 

On 09/10/2019 at 15:11, Lee370Z said:

I really liked it when I first saw one in the metal(it was Black). That Red one looks great to my eyes and I really hope that Toyota eventually offer it with a three pedal manual for sure. 

someone in US already modded it to have a manual gearbox on YouTube

• Like 1

Unfortunately they have used cheap plastics on the door mirror cover. Also the bodykit trim pieces are not the best finish and there are some fake vents.

Saw one up close a few weeks back, the fake vents in the bonnet are ridiculous.

lool i wonder how it compares design wise to the new Alpine S. A bit dearer at £62,000 though.

You could by a standard Alpine, get new coilovers and hit litchfields for the 292 hp for a lot less

2021 Supra anyone? Supposedly Toyota have come out and made some gains, offer a 4 cylinder variant and have stiffened up the chassis. 

The four cyl version has been around since the launch, and the more powerful version is US-only due to Euro6 regs. 

4 banger is Asia and Euro only for now. People need to buy more then maybe they would consider bringing it to UK. It will most likely be priced the same as a slightly used Z40i

The salesman was suprised when I mentioned they are looking to expand to Australia. So they may get both 2 and 3 liter trims there. I wonder how long they will use the B58 Engine for.

Edited by GranTurismoEra