New supra finally seen in the flesh/metal!

stanski

We nipped to Lexus Leeds to look at a replacement M2 for the other half, whilst there, (next door is Toyota) and sure enough a Supra at the front of the showroom.

Sadly didn't get a chance to go in and take a look, sit in it, but honestly , underwhelming car. I only noticed it being a petrolhead that I am on the way out.

Its teeeeny weeeny , 1990s style wheels you could probably buy cheap off ebay.

The front just looks so boring, again 1990s . Yes I get it they are trying to recreate their 90s heyday.

Its like Toyota version of an old 90s raver , still thinks he is cool but is bald fat and looks like Daddy pig.:lol:

Aceeeeed......

Shame. I am sure it handles well and everything else and is no doubt a piece of exceptional engineering, you wouldn't notice it unless you were looking for it so to speak. Ironically the Z4 stands out more.

:surrender:

11 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

In the flesh, they're stunning imo. Saw a pair at C&M on Sunday and wow, I'd love one one day - not slow either.

I just wasn't that impressed especially with all the fanfare around it? Maybe as it was a dull day and it was in a dark blue colour? 

Like I said its probably superb engineering but just didnt do anything for me? Must be an age thing.:lol: I'll get my cocoa!

Edited by stanski

I saw one at Japfest "Oh is that the new Supra"?

Had a look round it, really wasn't impressed at all. "Underwhelming" is spot on :thumbs: Noticed the one at C&M on Sunday and didn't even give it a second glance. Didn't even notice there was another one there :lol: 

6 minutes ago, 14N said:

I saw one at Japfest "Oh is that the new Supra"?

Had a look round it, really wasn't impressed at all. "Underwhelming" is spot on :thumbs: Noticed the one at C&M on Sunday and didn't even give it a second glance. Didn't even notice there was another one there :lol: 

We are back on Saturday to Leeds will take a proper look and see if I can see inside? 

Not that I will be buying one anytime soon, happy with the Stang, although it does look very dated compared to all the futuristic Lexi (plural to Lexus)?

Agree with @davey_83 saw same one at caffiene and machine, first time seeing in the flesh, thought it looked quite good. Was surprised I liked it as not really a fan off the pictures I had seen or the old supra. (respect the old supra but don't actually like it, same with GTR)

However thought this modern day Supra looked good. (unlike the gt86 which is terrible) 

• Like 1

On 03/09/2019 at 18:37, LRF4N said:

Your photos make it look good davey :lol:

In standard guise it’s not all that but I think once they’re modded that would change

Absolutely this, 350z in standard trim with touring wheels looks very underwhelming but some Teins new wheels/spacers and it looks a whole new beast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not seen one in the flesh yet, but hopefully soon.  I have seen some reviews of black ones and I think they seem to suit dark colours more... whether that says anything about the looks a dunno, but I think its a grower.  I'll reserve judgement until I see one in the flesh. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think the new Supra looks good. I think regulations have made the proportions what they are which is a shame because with a few tweeks it could've been a stunner!...........and drop a few fake vents too!

Toyota 2000GT is my all time dream car..........if I'd won the euromillions last night I'd be on the hunt for one today!

• Like 1