2019 911

Strudul

might not be the break light as the centre light behind the spoiler is not on :)

loads of cars have those style strip rear/break lights already, chuffing bright when you are up behind them and they hit the breaks.

Other than the Chiron, I don't think there's any other car with a single strip along the whole rear of the car?

Dodge Challenger has two strips joined at the edges, also I few Lincolns have strip style as well. But I guess most of you will never see them on the road

• Like 1

It'll work the same way the current Panamera does, in terms of lighting.

It'll be interesting to see what Porsche do engineering-wise with the car. I don't expect the engine location to cone any further forward than the 991, but how much more tech will they pack into the suspension? We already have 4 wheel steer, I'd expect that to become standard on the S if not the whole range. We have hydraulic ARBs, adaptive dampers, so what else?

And just how much bloody quicker does it need to be? I'd expect the S to be knocking on the door of 450bhp, so if they keep the weight the same (likely, Porsche do like their lightweight materials now) then it's going to be an absolute weapon.

Not just this 911, but I really dislike rear spoilers that pop up and have nasty exposed linkages on show, it ruins the lines of some of the most beautiful cars. It's worst when they only pop up an inch or two (Audi!), just fit a fixed one that looks less like a lego technik set and be done with it. I don't care that they're functional, I want beauty!

Sorry if your car has one, it's just my pet peev.

• Like 1

I really like it, but then I don't think there's a 911 I don't like... even the 996. I hope they sell thousands so I can afford one in about 10 years.

With regards to looks... what were people expecting? Porsche will only ever look to modernise the 911 in terms of styling... it's what their customers want and expect. Why would they suddenly change a formula that has worked for them for 50 years? If you want something that doesn't look like a 911, then buy something else.

• Like 2

Not just this 911, but I really dislike rear spoilers that pop up and have nasty exposed linkages on show, it ruins the lines of some of the most beautiful cars. It's worst when they only pop up an inch or two (Audi!), just fit a fixed one that looks less like a lego technik set and be done with it. I don't care that they're functional, I want beauty!

Sorry if your car has one, it's just my pet peev.

:wave::byebye::surrender:

• Like 1

might not be the break light as the centre light behind the spoiler is not on :)

loads of cars have those style strip rear/break lights already, chuffing bright when you are up behind them and they hit the breaks.

brakes

• Like 1

brakes

Yes thank you Hugh . . . i am blaming the Canadian language on my laptop :lol:

• Like 2

brakes

Yes thank you Hugh . . . i am blaming the Canadian language on my laptop :lol:

No doot aboot it.