Just configured a Corvette ...

ATTAK Z

Lots of car for £70K

Yes but there are so many other cars you could get for that kind of money that would be "lots of car for £70K" as you put it. ;)

2010 Nissan R35 GTR ~ £40K odd plus lots of money left to tune it/run it.

2008 Audi R8 V8 ~ £40K odd plus lots of money left to tune it/run it.

2009 Audi R8 V10 ~ £55K odd plus lots of money left to tune it/run it.

2000 Ferrari 360 Modena F1 ~ £60K odd plus a fair bit of money left to tune it/run it.

etc, etc. Granted not brand new cars but "lots of car for the money".

• Like 1

Lots of car for £70K

Yes but there are so many other cars you could get for that kind of money that would be "lots of car for £70K" as you put it. ;)

2010 Nissan R35 GTR ~ £40K odd plus lots of money left to tune it/run it.

2008 Audi R8 V8 ~ £40K odd plus lots of money left to tune it/run it.

2009 Audi R8 V10 ~ £55K odd plus lots of money left to tune it/run it.

2000 Ferrari 360 Modena F1 ~ £60K odd plus a fair bit of money left to tune it/run it.

etc, etc. Granted not brand new cars but "lots of car for the money".

Used C6 is £20-30k though....

• Like 1

More details please Hugh.

I dreamt I wanted (and could perhaps stretch to) a yellow Corvette last night, so I configured it this morning ... then son no.1 FaceTimed and told me Ford are thinking about a twin turbo V8 Mustang for 2018/19 ... now, if I last out till then, I just might ..................

• Like 1

I dreamt I wanted (and could perhaps stretch to) a yellow Corvette last night, so I configured it this morning ... then son no.1 FaceTimed and told me Ford are thinking about a twin turbo V8 Mustang for 2018/19 ... now, if I last out till then, I just might ..................

Not heard that rumour yet , that's a new one. New Facelift mustang is due to unveiled next week. Don't think the new model will be seen until 2021 ish

Not heard that rumour yet , that's a new one. New Facelift mustang is due to unveiled next week. Don't think the new model will be seen until 2021 ish

Hugh, just get out and buy a Mustang now!, you so want one :lol:. There was talk of a smaller engined TT, pure speculation at the minute, but no 5.0 V8 TT anytime this side of 2020, if ever! The current one may well be the last NA Mustang. (I know No1 works for Ford, but even the facelift out next week is an unknown quantity at the minute to most Ford US employees, try Googling for a pic ;) be even better though, if he could get one :D)

The Corvette is still the sweetest car sound I've ever heard, it is possibly the only left hooker I'd put up with :)

Edited by The G Man

Only a few months ago Fords CEO was trash talking EVs and pushing for Trump to allow him to sell more trucks with bigger engines bypassing any EPA regulations.

http://insideevs.com/ford-ceo-fields-we-will-fight-epas-2025-emission-mandate-ev-adoption-regs/

Maybe the board at Ford was a bit more forward thinking than their CEO, but in a more bizarre turn of events Elon Musk has now been appointed to Trumps advisor group, along with the CEO of GM (whom have just released the first 200 mile EV costing less than $35k) the only other motor industry representative. Despite their lobbying Ford wasn't invited to the party.

http://www.trueactivist.com/donald-trump-appoints-elon-musk-as-strategic-presidential-advisor/

Personally I think its a great move for Ford, Tesla have just delivered one of the first P100D Model Xs to the UK, here are fun figures from a run the owner did on a private track.

Conditions were 5 degrees C, very wet and running on stock summer tyres, with 3 people in the car, bear in mind it weighs 2.5tons, is over 2 meters wide, 5 meters long and can seat 7 adults with space for luggage.

0-60 in 3.67 secs and 53 m.

0-80 in 5.78 secs.

0.833 G at 40mph...

Splits:

0-10mph - 0.51s - 1.34m

0-20mph - 1.10s - 5.36m

0-30mph - 1.67s - 11.69m

0-40mph - 2.23s - 20.52m

0-50mph - 2.88s - 33.71m

0-60mph - 3.67s - 53.06m

0-70mph - 4.64s - 81.39m

0-80mph - 5.78s - 119.80m

Makes the combustion powered Mustang look rather pedestrian, maybe the hybrid version will have more chance of keeping up with an electic, family friendly miniVan with stupid doors, built by a bunch of geeks from silicon valley in a factory Toyota abandoned less than a decade ago :).

Edited by gangzoom

Only a few months ago Fords CEO was trash talking EVs and pushing for Trump to allow him to sell more trucks with bigger engines bypassing any EPA regulations.

http://insideevs.com/ford-ceo-fields-we-will-fight-epas-2025-emission-mandate-ev-adoption-regs/

Maybe the board at Ford was a bit more forward thinking than their CEO, but in a more bizarre turn of events Elon Musk has now been appointed to Trumps advisor group, along with the CEO of GM (whom have just released the first 200 mile EV costing less than $35k) the only other motor industry representative. Despite their lobbying Ford wasn't invited to the party.

http://www.trueactivist.com/donald-trump-appoints-elon-musk-as-strategic-presidential-advisor/

Personally I think its a great move for Ford, Tesla have just delivered one of the first P100D Model Xs to the UK, here are fun figures from a run the owner did on a private track.

Conditions were 5 degrees C, very wet and running on stock summer tyres, with 3 people in the car, bear in mind it weighs 2.5tons, is over 2 meters wide, 5 meters long and can seat 7 adults with space for luggage.

0-60 in 3.67 secs and 53 m.

0-80 in 5.78 secs.

0.833 G at 40mph...

Splits:

0-10mph - 0.51s - 1.34m

0-20mph - 1.10s - 5.36m

0-30mph - 1.67s - 11.69m

0-40mph - 2.23s - 20.52m

0-50mph - 2.88s - 33.71m

0-60mph - 3.67s - 53.06m

0-70mph - 4.64s - 81.39m

0-80mph - 5.78s - 119.80m

Makes the combustion powered Mustang look rather pedestrian, maybe the hybrid version will have more chance of keeping up with an electic, family friendly miniVan with stupid doors, built by a bunch of geeks from silicon valley in a factory Toyota abandoned less than a decade ago :).

That's quite interesting reading, but until EV's are the only available choice (I'll be long dead by then :lol:), I still wouldn't buy one. If speed was the only factor, we'd all sink our money into used or new GTR's.

If the 2020/1 Mustang is only available in EV form, I think I've got myself an appreciating asset :thumbs:

Impressive numbers, thank god enjoying driving isn't all about numbers though. I'm more with the comment above about the great sounds of cars than with something silent with a tablet display on the dash that in any modern city cannot ever use the full power of the car in any case ;)

• Like 2

Impressive numbers, thank god enjoying driving isn't all about numbers though. I'm more with the comment above about the great sounds of cars than with something silent with a tablet display on the dash that in any modern city cannot ever use the full power of the car in any case ;)

Totally agree. A lot of modern diesel saloons would give a Zed a run for it's money in straight line performance, but I have 0 interest in owning one, because they look and sound awful (For the most part).

Horses for courses I guess at the end of the day

Some people just want to get from A to B, so driving is a chore if anything. Lots of these types of people about who suit EV's perfectly. At the moment you have the early efforts like a Leaf which have a range of about 100 miles and 0-60 in about the same distance, look dreadful and which will cost you a fair whack to buy even used. Or the Tesla stuff which still is priced way out of kilter with what most of your A to B people are willing to spend on a new car - I appreciate the US has cheap EVs coming out but the UK car market as far as I am aware is in no way directly comparable in price on cars - your bog standard Mustang V6 is something like $25k vs £35k for something equivalent in the UK.

I also hear some interesting comments about how EVs are going to take over the car market, but unless something exceptional happens outside that impacts the car market they wont be anywhere near dominance for another 20 years or so.

35m cars in the UK, 2m new cars sold each year. I think around 2-3% of new car sales are EV currently. To get to say for arguments sake 18m would make it more dominant then in basic terms you need 100% of all new car sales to be EVs for 9 years to reach 50% share, in basic terms. I think a more reasonable estimate, based on rising Oil prices etc. is something like a 20 year lead time before EVs take over. At a reasonable guess!

If you don't like cars or driving, an EV makes perfect sense. If you have any passion for cars at all, then I can't see how you'd ever want one as a fun car while an alternative exists.

But each to their own. Back on track, I'd love a Stingray. Yellow for me please, with black highlights and interior.