Swapped s2000 for my new zed (good or bad)

Hi all I'm New to the zed gang, was wondering if there is ever any meets or anything happening in the north west, I live near Preston and would like to meet some zed owners. I'm loving my zed at the minute, especially how easy it goes sideways. but i really miss my s2k though its only been 2weeks lol

Hopefully I'll hear a few opinions

Cheers Rob

The s2k is a race car really, stiff suspension and handles like a dream, dosnt get tail happy unless your really on the limit of grip in the corners, and it was a bonus havin a hard top and soft top,

I could tell there was a lot of love for the only 2seater rwd honda made as I'd get 2 or 3 comments a week off random people saying how its underestimated and its nearly a classic mainly from 40 odd year olds lol

People say there's no torque but you just had to be in the v tech for speed, 0 to 100 against my mates 07 s3 I'd be 2 to 3 car lengths behind

The nissan is a completely different car, alot more body roll, bigger, comfyer, torqueier, more tail happy but I'm not complaining lol, LOUDER (japspeed k1) came with the car and selling it very soon if any1 wants it, just waiting for an Oem to be delivered off a member.

I used to be all about handling and flying round corners, but after owning this car for 2weeks I might get into the drift scene lol the honda went sidways but you had to try alot harder with the honda compared to the nissan.

The ultimate test will be to see how fast I get round nurburgring, I did it in 10m 12s in my honda on a sunny day in 4 laps, im hoping more power will take me under 10mins

Sorry for the long winded post lol I got a bit carried away

• Like 1

ello n welkom

US magazine test of their 287bhp 350z

1/4 mile, sec @ mph & Braking, 100-0 mph, ft

2004 Honda S2000

14.19 @ 99.90 - 338

2004 Mazda RX-8

14.49 @ 95.47 - 318

2004 Nissan 350Z

13.77 @ 100.94 - 316

Flame on

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

I have chased a S2000 across the evo triangle a few times, they do fly along as you said when they are being wrung out. Put a good driver in a S2000 and I think it would put some distance between the Z in the corners. Of course the Z will catch up on the straights.

Often with a change of car comes a different way of driving to get the most out of it. It will take some time but I am sure you will love the Z just as much very soon.

Edited by monkeybrain1234

Different approaches to reach a similar result, they are actually very close on track but the Zed has the edge on the road due to more accessible torque. And lots more of it in the first place :lol:

I used to say that the S2K was possibly the best car in the world if you drive a racetrack on the way to work - its beautifully balanced, goes well when revved and feels like an extension of the driver more than the Zed .......... but its painful in pissing rain stuck at 50mph behind a lorry. The Zed is a much better every day car thats also very handy when it comes to the twisty stuff. Although the S2K feels a better track car the 350 inspires more confidence, I reckon youll take 30 seconds off the Nordschliefe time as youll be more confirmtable at speed.

Going sideways is no contest, the 350 is one of the best out of the box drift cars available and while an S2K is reasonable (I drifted round Spa in a mates one without too much difficulty) it takes an experienced driver to keep it bubbling, it just wants to grip and go straight :lol:

Give it a few more weeks and youll be like "S2K who?!" :lol:

• Like 1

^ This (@docwra)

I too am an ex-s2000 owner. Going from the S to the Z is a case of growing up in my case. If I was able to own one car for sheer fun and one for DD, I'd go back to my previous cars, I'd have an S2000 for the track and an e92 335xi for DD. The Z is the perfect combination of both of these cars, it is not as racy as an S or as comfortable as a 3 series, but it is racy and comfortable.

I loved DDing my S2K, when I was 30. Nowadays it's just too harsh to be enjoyable in traffic (call me a softie :p), I never used to care, but now 10 years down the line, an S would have to be a third car, while the Z makes a very usable 2nd (first is the wife's Volvo XC60 2.0 T4 turbo naturally).

The Z is more reliable than both as well of course (yeh, I know I'm going to be set upon by the Stuka crowd, most reliable car ever, etc etc. Well, my EP3 Type R WAS my most reliable car ever. My S cost me a good deal in maintenance and fixup, including more than a few more than minor engine issues, and I'm not the only one).

Bottom line: If you want a balls to the wall hardcore nutcasemobile, get an S, if you want the best of all worlds, get a Z.

Welcome, by the way, although I'm new here too, so er...yeh, whatever. :D

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

I broadly agree with Docwra on this one.

My experience with the S2K is from one very extended road test and one trackday at Anglesey. After the road test I then drove a 350 ragtop and decided straight away that was the right car for me, but on track the S2K was a billion times more fun than a stock 350. The S2K is a great car, and much like the 350 we'll never see another one like it again, but at the same time on the road it did get a bit weary waiting for the power if you weren't trying to be on it all the time.

Of course that was flipped round on track, where the lower weight and the desire for revs made it so much more fun to thrape. As Doc says a Stook is harder to provoke by a considerable margin (even after the horror stories of a snappy chassis), so it depends on whether you want neat and tidy or sideways everywhere :lol:

Splitting hairs though really, both cars are immense and I'd love to own either an S2K or another 350 in the near future.

Splitting hairs though really, both cars are immense and I'd love to own either an S2K or another 350 in the near future.

Actually, thats a pretty fair comment, I think Im in the same boat (my brother had an S2K so I got plenty of use of it) - both bloody good cars with slightly different focuses :thumbs:

I just remembered what I told a few people after I sold my S, and it still rings true for me today...

The great thing about the S, is that every trip, EVERY TRIP, is an adventure. The bad thing about the S, is that every trip, EVERY TRIP, is an adventure.

:p

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1