Swapped s2000 for my new zed (good or bad)

I was really surprised to find the Zed has about a 2 and a bit second lead over the Honda around our local Hillclimb (It's about a 70 second run). I thought it would be closer, maybe even favouring the Honda.

That's road-going spec and list 1A tyres. Pretty good real world comparison. I think the power/torque makes the difference from looking at the sector times. The twisty sections were closer but still edged by the Nissan.

Edited by Kieran O'Quick

I also had an ep3 type r before my s2000, and absolutely loved it, yea they are extremely reliable, never had a single issue and again really good in the corners.

I didn't think my s2000 was unreliable to say, I did end up having the famous missfire engine light that could be anything of about 30 differant things from a completely fubared engine to a faulty spark plug or even just extremely cold weather.

I got lucky and it ended up being slightly clogged injectors, sent them off for professional cleaning and never saw the mischeivious light again.

I have to say though, I will most definatly be buying another s2000 in a few years for a track car when I can afford it, my priority now is buying a house.

Although.... I could sleep in my zed :teeth:

I saw that Japanese racing vid before I bought the zed, that's probably what convinced me to swap when I saw that the 350 does just beat the s2000 after a few laps depending on track layout and its more a DD than the s, like Hovis best of both lol although dailying the s didn't really bother me, I could go top down down whenever and have the hardtop on in winter, I looked at the roadster 350 and.. this might touch a few nerves but... it's not very manly or pleasing to the eye, its like Kim k's ass, the rear sticks out waaay to much. Sorry but that's my opinion

I knew you lot would make me feel better about losing the stewie miester s2000, it was my dream car and wanted it for years. I saved. I conqured. I loved. Now if got a new girl I just can't think of a name for her.

And this seems like the perfect place to ask... iv got a silver zed gt, im gunna get my alloys refurbed but silver car silver alloys is a wee bit too much silver, what colour would go with silver car? I hate black alloys though, you can't see the curves and detail in the alloys, and I really like the look of the rays,

I were thinking like a slightly darker silver or light grey,

What yall think?

A serious honda fan, and I thought I were lol the nsx will be similar the 350 on power wouldn't it, both being v6, cheapest I've seen is like 20gs for an nsx,

the s2000s are goin up in value now, especially the 1st model 1s up to 2004 below because of the stiffer suspension and 9k Redline.

I bought my 2002 s2000 for 5 n half with 105 k in November last year, and sold it for 6 with 115k 3 weeks ago n got my z Which is,

A coupe, silver, 54 reg gt, with 85 k,

Is that a good price you reckon?

• Like 1

The MSA have recently regulated for a new "Standard" class for 2017 Hillclimbs and sprints: 2 litre limit, no (absolutely no) modifications allowed, 2wd.

Anybody suggest what could beat an Esstookay? Has to have been 5000 a year built also. And of a unitary construction. Buggered if I can think of anything quicker...

Not much will fetch you bang-for-buck like the 350z will, it's not going to destroy M3's or Porsches on the motorway but its quicker and comfier than a lot of "hot hatches" and "sport coupes" who try to claim the same ground.

Welcome to the Forum - hopefully you'll get to a meet soon and see how enthusiastic our little community is :-)

A serious honda fan, and I thought I were lol the nsx will be similar the 350 on power wouldn't it, both being v6, cheapest I've seen is like 20gs for an nsx,

the s2000s are goin up in value now, especially the 1st model 1s up to 2004 below because of the stiffer suspension and 9k Redline.

I bought my 2002 s2000 for 5 n half with 105 k in November last year, and sold it for 6 with 115k 3 weeks ago n got my z Which is,

A coupe, silver, 54 reg gt, with 85 k,

Is that a good price you reckon?

The NSX was a dream to own, not as sharp as more modern fare but seemed to have the right balance regarding the damping. The interior was fairly dated but intuitive and very well put together, even the seat leather although slightly creased had no wear at 80k miles.

The driving position was supercar laid back and with that postbox rear window and howling vtec behind your head it felt like an exotic thing indeed. Mine was an early car with the 3.0 five speed combo and retro pop up lights. I still know the guy I sold her to and it's currently valued at around 35k. I sold it for 17!!! I'm glad I had the chance to own one though, I would have preferred a later 3.2 but at the time funds wouldn't allow it :) The way it made you feel has yet to be bettered by anything I've owned since.

My old S2k was white with the old red leather, red overload to be honest and being an early car could get back happy even on dry roads if you accidentally stepped on the loud pedal at the wrong time. Again though it was well screwed together and every drive was an event.

The DC2 was awesome and the first type R I had, aside from a shagged seat bolster it was mint and again a champ white UK car. I have driven many front drivers and it rates as one of the best tbh.

The EP3 civic was a result of my second child being born and needing something "practical". I really quite enjoyed it but being a pre face early car the headlights were shocking and the steering wasn't quite as good as the tegs for feel being assisted.It was sharp yes and turn in was good but at lower speeds felt delayed and dimwitted. I believe the later facelift had a different caster arrangement and was better.

The DC5 was obviously not as scalpel sharp as the DC2 but the more linear power delivery from the ivtec and the few extra horses and hydraulic rack made it a better everyday car than both the 2 and EP3.

I too have a 54 Z now :) it was the default option after a dismal E46 M3 experience and I've not regretted it one bit, lots of lazy low end torque and one of the best sounding exhaust notes out there I love it :)

The MSA have recently regulated for a new "Standard" class for 2017 Hillclimbs and sprints: 2 litre limit, no (absolutely no) modifications allowed, 2wd.

Anybody suggest what could beat an Esstookay? Has to have been 5000 a year built also. And of a unitary construction. Buggered if I can think of anything quicker...

Good question that - GT86 perhaps? Golf GTi? Certainly not much out there that would come close .......... ahhh, S15 Spec R but even then it probably wouldnt be as good in the bendy bits.

Ahhhh, cracked it, the whole class will almost certainly be Clio and Megane RS's. And the Meganes are faaaaast. :o

I owned an ep3 type r for years, and have been out quite a few times in a friends old s2000. Both lovely cars, and I was a huge Honda fan, the modified Honda scene was spoilt for me..

But to sum up in one statement, the s2000 vs the zed, I would have to say...

'Real men want their engines to roar, not scream' haha

Megane RS is 2.5 innit? Nothing will beat a well driven S2000 in that class under those rules I reckon.

Nope, 2.0 and the S2K wouldnt see where the Megane went. Ive had my arse handed to me by a Megane while simultaneously handing an S2K its arse, they are astonishing.

7.54 round the ring, the S2K is 8.39 ........ for reference Seat Leon Cupra, Civic Type R and Golf Gti Clubsport are all sub 8 minutes and 2.0 2WD.

Well, we're talking a lot of variables here...

I don't put much 'stock' (pun intended) into stock nurburgring times, as many cars have much higher potential, the s2000 being a prime example. It's a short geared ragtop with crap brakes and poor suspension straight out of the box, it's not supposed to compete on any track with a laptime higher than 1m30s or a straight longer than 1km.

You need a really big set of giant brass balls to drive the S on the limit, many people just don't have the ability (or the cahones) to compete with a serious driver in a car that is 'easier' to drive fast. I put myself in this category (balls just not big enough), I knew I wasn't good enough to get the best out of an S2000, and that an Audi S3 driver would be able to drive faster than me with zero effort, but that doesn't mean the S isn't capable of much more in the right hands.

Now that I think about it, given that difficulty to drive well, perhaps it wouldn't be the best choice after all, but the potential is there.

Ooops, I probably should have said....The 2-litre limit is based on NA. There's a 1.7 multiplier for turbos so you'd have to have a 1.2 turbo. (The Megane is a turbo isn't it?- so the equivalent of a 3.4 litre)

That's the strange thing about the regulations. Nobody really builds a highly tuned NA anymore so it's as if they built the class purely for the S2k. Which seems weird.

Edited by Kieran O'Quick