Ideas for something special but under £18K

hensh65

Fwd makes me sick mate :lol:

Why dont you give me my car back and ill sink that budget dropping an LS into it :lol: ill loan you it back for the weekend!

• Like 1

Dare I say a Focus RS ???. Head Turner, very fast, very reliable and available at your budget

http://www.autotrade...e=p&adPos=4

Highly tuneable and handles like a go kart

Fwd makes me sick mate :lol:

Why dont you give me my car back and ill sink that budget dropping an LS into it :lol: ill loan you it back for the weekend!

Lol Kris........................ you know that's NEVER gona happen :lol: :lol: :D :D :p :p

• Like 1

Dan, whats the script with spoilers on the 996? I really like them but no all of them have one. Was it an option or is it a particular model?

All 996 cars have at least a spoiler that rises at approx 75mph and lowers at 30mph built into the rear deck, the GT3 had a fixed wing and the Turbo a more traditional style motorised spoiler.

• Like 1

My boss is selling his m6 and to drive it feels no bigger than my Z just a lot faster

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's an excellent handling car, but trust me, it may not feel big, but it is. Not something I'd want the other half trying to squeeze into a Tesco parking space.

Dare I say a Focus RS ???. Head Turner, very fast, very reliable and available at your budget

http://www.autotrade...gcode=p&adPos=4

Highly tuneable and handles like a go kart

Head turner? Unfortunately turning heads the wrong way lol

• Like 2

My boss is selling his m6 and to drive it feels no bigger than my Z just a lot faster

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's an excellent handling car, but trust me, it may not feel big, but it is. Not something I'd want the other half trying to squeeze into a Tesco parking space.

Agreed. Mine doesn't actually feel much different in size on the road than my old 911, but when I tried to fit it in the garage the other week I quickly realised it does a very good job of hiding it's size! :lol: Since I've installed the bucket seat and by doing so lowered the seating position, I'm having to learn how to place the nose on corner entry again. I'll have to lift the seat back up I think when I get the Recaros in there.

• Like 1

I Have been thinking on what to change the 350 for when I eventually decide to move on and the only car I keep coming back to is the 370. I have had plenty of quick thirsty cars but the 350 is a great compromise of everything, Comfy, decent on fuel and sounds great. Try and find a 370 with a few nice extras B)

• Like 1

is it the one that's part of the GT3 aero kit you're after? This is my old one...

IMG_3563_zps4461c26a.jpg

IMG_3561_zps91b49e97.jpg

IMG_3558_zps687a9249.jpg

I remember looking at this when you had bought it but I couldn't remember who is was that had it!

Yes the aero kit looks to be the one that I like, not as keen on the big flap coming up but thats just IMO.

I would love the M6, and again remember Kyle taking the jump but I know for a fact the misses would refuse to drive it :lol:

I showed her a few last night, I thought the Porsche would have got a bad reception but apparently not! I love the Massi's but they are again pretty big, the 3200 is quite small but its not as nice looking. I think the list is currently looking like this:

TTRS

Cayman(not sure because of the issues but I still love it)

370z(modified, will obviously need ot see whats out there come Nov)

XKR

I showed her a cracking SL55 but she absolutely hated it sadly!!

XKR is a BIG car too!

TTRS is a monster, we're talking GT-R quick. Not massively involving, but entertaining as hell.

It is, that one is probably more for hope than anything :lol: Plus I would need to find one that isn't covered in wood/tweed and doesn't come with a monocle!

TTRS is high on the list, I like the softtop, she doesn't. £18K is looking like a 59 plate with 70+miles. I am hopefully that come NOvemeber the prices might slump a little.

I went through a similar process and ended up getting a 370Z :)

My budget was potentially higher but decided for looks, value for money and reliability it was going to be hard to beat the 370.

The Auto is great. Full auto for effortless wafting town driving and then paddles for 'spirited driving'. GT Edition suspension gives a very smooth ride and soaks up the bumps in knackered roads easily.

Just make sure you budget for a new exhaust. Way too quiet as standard.