Ideas for something special but under £18K

hensh65

Ooooo errr. ..gotta love that Kris

Edited by Irn Bru
  • Like 1

Seen this beast, I know it is pretty long but being an auto she can focus on not bumping those wheels!!!

http://www.autotrade...e=p&adPos=7

I can become spursmadhensh? :lol:

The XKR actually has no real worries other than an A/C issue. Me thinks I shall be dropping some hints to the boss!

• Like 1

Seen this beast, I know it is pretty long but being an auto she can focus on not bumping those wheels!!!

The XKR actually has no real worries other than an A/C issue. Me thinks I shall be dropping some hints to the boss!

I love the XKR mate, more so the early 00's to 05 models, timeless styling in my eyes and I will be adding one to the collection next year hopefully. The later models are gorgeous too but out of my budget atm :dry:

• Like 1

I love the XKR mate, more so the early 00's to 05 models, timeless styling in my eyes and I will be adding one to the collection next year hopefully. The later models are gorgeous too but out of my budget atm :dry:

I showed the boss a really nice black one.... resounding no :lol:

I dont know if I would consider using it as a daily.

http://www.autotrade...#38;#38;adPos=7

I showed the boss a really nice black one.... resounding no :lol:

I dont know if I would consider using it as a daily.

Really !?!?!?!.......... looks like it's another 350z for you then mate ;):p

• Like 1

I used a little trick of the trade to warm her round though :lol: Showed her a brand-spank white (she loves white cars) XKR and pretended it was in our budget :lol: I think there is still work to be done but at least thats an option.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I thought I would give everyone an update now that I am going to be picking my new car up on Saturday. Unfortunately it couldn’t have went any worse for me getting my dream car. All I had to do was get the wedding out the way, then I was allowed to purchase the new car. Sadly, 3 weeks before the wedding this happened :

Snapchat-4864396230889787921_zpshtbpxkx0.jpg[/url]

Heading to work one Monday morning, pickup truck in-front of me pulled out the roundabout(well started too), I looked right and saw there was space for me to go. As you have probably guessed, the pickup truck put the anchors on and I went straight into the back of him. Zero damage on his car, but the toe bar done all the damage to mine. After a lot of stress with the insurance company trying to get it sorted before the honeymoon, they confirmed it was a write off. £6.5K damage was the bill quoted.

Luckily I had insured all my modifications, so I managed to get just about the exact money I paid for the car 1 ½ years ago.

The worst part has yet to come!

I had my heart set on an XKR, I had been and drove one and done all my digging. Now with the increased insurance and everything else that comes along with it, I have been priced out. My budget was slashed to £14K which was a sore one. I was speaking to a guy about buying his really modified 370z which was nice, after checking the insurance and adding all the mods, it was absolutely ridiculous. So that was a no go.

I then got my heart set on an S5, but 14K was only getting a 07 – 58 with a lot of miles and poverty spec. Any ones with low miles in my price range hadn’t had much maintenance done, having had the A5 I do know the bills are far from cheap.

I eventually settled on a TTs, pretty big come down from an XKR but it does have a lot of ticks for me. The plan was always to let the misses drive the “nicer†car but this isn’t bad on fuel and a decent daily so I am just going to take it to work. The one I got also has a lot of extras, s tronic, mag ride, extended leather pack etc.

Not the monster I was planning on but it will have to do :lol:

downloadfile_zps2roamvrn.jpg[/url]

downloadfile-1_zpszgsf4xn6.jpg[/url]

Edited by hensh65
  • Like 1

Can you now stop using my car as your sig then mate ;):lol::p:stir:

Ill remove it from my sig when you compensate me for the terrible trade in value I got :lol:

Lol, I'll let you tear her down the Crail strip again as a trade off....... just for old times sake lol

• Like 1