Bored of the zed.

350 Russ

Well after 7 years of ownership I'm thoroughly bored of the zed. Cant be bothered to drive as much nowadays as everywhere round my way is just traffic jams most of the time.

Anyone else become bored of theirs and managed to start enjoying it again? not sure if i would replace it with anything and just sell up and put the money in an ISA or something just as boring. :yawn:

Go get a boring automatic diesel, with no power, then come back to the Z. Should help ;)

I'm only 1 year into my ownership and "think" I'm bored of it, then when I go in other peoples cars it hits me like a train how much better the Z is.

Nothing quite comes close to the performance and character/£ ratio - Sure a BMW 335D or equivalent other model is quicker on paper, but is it as fun?

NOPE!

• Like 1

Had to drive a 1L Ka for a week when my Z was in getting work done. During that week I absolutely hated driving - it became a complete chore, and the shorter the drive the better.

Getting back into the Z made me appreciate it so much more. Even if I was just sitting in traffic and not pushing the car on, the Z is just such a nice thing to sit in. Also, other peoples reactions to it remind me its something special!

• Like 1

Well after 7 years of ownership I'm thoroughly bored of the zed. Cant be bothered to drive as much nowadays as everywhere round my way is just traffic jams most of the time.

Anyone else become bored of theirs and managed to start enjoying it again? not sure if i would replace it with anything and just sell up and put the money in an ISA or something just as boring. :yawn:

Absolutely sympathise, the roads are boring for the reasons you mention and many others. The problem is, the roads are only going to get worse and in reality they are not there for fun. The only answers i have come to are, go out really early where you can enjoy a drive without the above, within reason, or get the car out on track.

to all those suggesting driving something else. I drive a vectra estate during the week :ban: and I'm still not getting the same thrill. might be time to part ways perhaps. I have been looking at cars to replace it with and I'm going down this path, bare with me here. I can tinker with it until my hearts content. massive modding scene, Twin carbs (drools), lairy exhaust, 13" wheels, couple of bucket seats, everyone loves them and roughly the same price as the zed would sell for. This could be a starter.

http://www.autotrade...gcode=p&adPos=6

No one ever said you had to go fast to have fun!!

Edited by 350 Russ
  • Like 1

Russ I could see why you're looking at a Mini for some fun and as long as you're not hoping for it to be a daily driver then I'm sure you'll have fun with it (bit uncomfortable & bumpy for the daily drive imo). If you do go for one though I'd seriously consider trying to get one with a bike engine installed in it. B)

:teeth:

Russ I could see why you're looking at a Mini for some fun and as long as you're not hoping for it to be a daily driver then I'm sure you'll have fun with it (bit uncomfortable & bumpy for the daily drive imo). If you do go for one though I'd seriously consider trying to get one with a bike engine installed in it. B)

[media]

[/media]

:teeth:

HOLY SH**!!!!! thats properly cool!!

I used to have a mini as my first car so yeah totally agree its a fun car only.

I bet that is savage!

Supercharge - obviously :p

Even though round my way its all speed cameras/Traffic jams/speed humps. Cant use the power it has now so don't really see the point other than getting my hands dirty

Can you not take it for a drive at the weekend away from the town/city?

HOLY SH**!!!!! thats properly cool!!

I used to have a mini as my first car so yeah totally agree its a fun car only.

I bet that is savage!

I've always wanted to have a motorbike engined car, ...there are only a few cars imo that it'll work really well in due to the power to weight ratios ~ a Mini being one of them. B)

I know you like "Project Binky" as do I so I can totally see why you'd enjoy having a Mini to toy with. Very simple cars to work on & because of the size of them there isn't really anything you can't do on your own. :)

Supercharge - obviously :p

Even though round my way its all speed cameras/Traffic jams/speed humps. Cant use the power it has now so don't really see the point other than getting my hands dirty

Can you not take it for a drive at the weekend away from the town/city?

From a personal prospective around my way even if I get out of town to the countryside which is 15 mins away, its still packed, tractors, horse boxes, caravans, lorries and just about anything else that slows the roads up. To be honest its one of the reasons i sold my 350, i just wasnt using it enough. If i was to buy something less track focussed when the vx220 goes i honestly think i would get some slush box semi auto grand tourer.

If your bored go and do a trackday in it to unlock the Z's true potential, hate people talking about performance figures nowadays especially 0-60mph anyone can put their foot down and go fast in a straight line in my opinion.

Z is perfect for track, RWD, 50/50 distribution and fairly powerful, in my opinion it's by far the best & easiest way to have fun. If your worried about crashing on track just keep ESP on.

Mini as a daily is literally suicide even if done properly you are always fighting with rot & corrosion plus they aren't the most reliable car in the world.

I agree with Dan and go for a few things now to vary it up before they become too expensive to own. I am so glad I had a go at owning a VX220 and a Skyline - both different in their own ways and both exciting. The VX will handle pretty much like nothing else on the road and even stuck in 30 mph traffic will feel like you are racing a grand prix. Skyline is iconic and has immense theatre. Both these cars getting rarer and harder to get in stock format. Prices for both only going to go up and up. Its a great chance for you to try a few cars out and enjoy if you are done with the Zed, nothing wrong with getting bored of a car and admitting it doesn't work for you. I never thought something could be more exciting than my Zed when I owned it for that price range, oh how wrong I was!

I'm coming up to 10 years ownership and while I'm not exactly bored with it, it certainly doesn't send a shiver down my spine like it used to. I've toyed with selling it on but just can't bring myself to do it.

Pete

• Like 1