Coup in Turkey, army has taken over

There goes my ££££££

Apologies but I LoLled a little too much at that :lol: A very British reaction to both events :lol:

I honestly hope your cash (if it's still there) is safe, the banking world appears to be isolated from the real world! :)

Not the first time in history that army is taking over in Turkey. It's hard to imagine that Erdogan manage to get even so far. Because by modern frames of democracy set for East part of the world he could very easily be described by dictator

Funny to see now that Erdogan is using media that where censored b4 for his statemens, calling people to go out on the streets and defend democracy the very one he was suppressing till yesterday, calling on people to gather on squares which till yesterday was prohibited, going on with statements that power is within the hands of people the very ones who he keept in dark suppressed of normal rights such as media freedom and similar...

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Edited by Snjur

That pm has caused chaos in the past he hates westeners he wants to ban alcohol hes got many links with islamists the people dont like him hence the previous riots in istanbul.

Army surrendered last night though so it was an all for nothing blood bath.

Such a shame, went to Antalya for our honeymoon and still rate it as one of the best destinations ever. World is slowly destroying itself with stupidity and ignorance.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-17/why-they-didnt-fire-mystery-coup-pilots-had-erdogans-plane-their-sights-and-did-noth

I was speaking with a Turkish friend of mine about this, and their opinion is that this apparent "coup" was staged by Erdogan! After all, nobody in their right mind is going to attempt to take over a country using so few resources...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/7/recep-tayyip-erdogan-uses-turkey-military-coup-buz/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

The following is a quote from my Turkish friend's point of view:

"-One does not lead a military coup with 2 helicopters, 350 soldiers, 7 tanks and 2 fighter planes. In only 2 cities of the country. Even I know this.

-In any coup, the first aim is to take over the government. Let alone the president and the ministers (who were tweeting away and giving TV interviews), not even one MP was arrested. The president was vacationing in another city at the time.

-A military coup is announced, the president simply hops on a plane and arrives to Istanbul to give more interviews. Whereas civilians couldn’t even leave their own neighbourhood due to military interference.

-How is a military coup so well televised? No government institutions were taken over, except for the national radio. The news studios were taken over later in the night, after televising everything, while on air.

-The coup was coincidentally announced at 10 pm on Friday night, after the stock market was closed, and would be closed during the weekend. Sounds like someone didn’t want to lose too much of his money during this game. Or maybe, they were considerate enough to wait for the end of rush hour? :)

-The small group in the military responsible for the coup were found very quickly, and linked to the “parallel†power working against the government. So. Damn. Quickly.

This country has seen military coups in the near history. Successful ones. And even those of us who have not experienced it first hand before, we can tell that THIS is not a coup. This is an elaborate stage play.

However the consequences will be terrible. The government is more empowered than ever, playing the victim. The victim, who now has the reason to take over all military power, who has been emboldened by the civilians’ support on the streets against the coup (poor souls think they stopped the coup in their PJs and flip flops by climbing a tank). A victim, who has now branded this night as the strong, Islamic government thwarting the military who did all this in the name of Ataturk and secularism.

Winter is coming."

• Like 1