Depression

TT350

Haven't got time to go through the whole thread right now.

I can say whatever your feeling, I've been there. I went through a very dark couple of years about 5 year back now, I genuinely felt there was no coming back from it. I was on the brink of being sectioned twice :wacko:

I'm completely fine now and thankfully haven't had anything close to another episode of depression or whatever that was since.

CBT helped me massively, along with clean living, no drink, no drugs and a good diet and a healthy dose of mindfulness.

It will pass, just remember that.

Read this thread in great depth. I have been waiting 8 years for a double organ transplant and am fully aware of depression and its effects.All the advice on here is fantastic and as others have said its a reflection of what a great group of members we have, Personally speaking when I hit my struggles and I am at the hospital for my regular visit I always pop onto the childrens ward. When I look at some of them and how poorly they are but still manage to smile I take stock and think whatever I am suffering there are others tackling bigger things. This could not have been clearer this week when I saw a boy in hospital who was handicapped and all twisted up. Had a big smile on his face and talked to me about the champions league that night. Keep doing positive things and you will get there.

Take Care

• Like 5

Excellent post above. I should be thankful I'm able bodied, have a roof over my head and food on my stomach.

Although I have dropped from 19 to 15st since early august. I've gone from a 40" to a 34". Suppose every cloud has a silver lining. If I started doing a lot of cardio now I'd have a six pack in 8 weeks.

I've enrolled at UCLAN to do a BSc in technology. Used to called BSc in construction as it covers the same modules. But hopefully this will allow me tp progress onto university next year to study Architecture. Although I do have 5 weeks to catch up on.

It'll be hard going but I can no longer stomach bouncing from one factory to another being used by employers.

Even an Architect who's only done part one at uni can get a 25k job.

Got my student financing and maintenance sorted and I can get a job at papa johns on the evenings so with that and student finance I'll actually be equal to or better off than working 38hr a week for minimum wage.

Thanks again for your encouragement guys.

• Like 4

Just a thought mate but I've always found having a holiday, gig, road trip or some other adventure planned is a great way to get through the dark times. There is plenty of National road trips (and international) going on with this very forum. There'll be the Le Manns trip, Nurbergring and quite a few UK Road trip events happening in the spring time. Why not scour the events pages and look to get involved with the trips. I realise they will all be a good few months away but signing up for them and getting involved in the event as it builds up is great way to cheer yourself up and more importantly. ... have somethings to really look forward to with like minded people. Car meets are good for a few hours but a holiday away in the zed with mates from this forum is superb.

However you get through the coming months / years I wish you the best of luck, make your own luck and steer your life to what makes you happy.

• Like 1

Just a thought mate but I've always found having a holiday, gig, road trip or some other adventure planned is a great way to get through the dark times.

That's it. Hitch Hiking through Russia and down through Syria....

No time to think about your ex or depression, just staying alive!

:lol:

Seriously, keep busy and all the best.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting read. I can relate to a lot of that article.

Me too, I think most people will feel a number of these symptoms at some point in their lives and it's so easy for them to drag you in further but the health care system doesn't have the resources to recognise and treat. Some people are better at coping than others and I think TT seems to be recognising it is something out of his control and is finding ways to help such as this article and reaching out to people here.

TT I hope that's a fair summary of your current situation and I'm hoping things are starting to come together for you. Please don't forget though the vast majority on here aren't professionals but are giving support and advice on their own experiences.

• 4 months later...

Having a good slap around the chops with the old depression stick weilded by the misery monster at the moment.

I'm getting sick to death of spending every day alone and doing everything alone and not having a vocal conversation with anyone.

Everyone I have to converse with is always in a professional setting, university.

Really hard work trying to make new buddies in your middle 30s. No one's accepting new members to the buddy club, and are maxed out with kids and girlfriends/wives.

And to be honest, people tend to be wary of you - 35, single and no chums.

I've given up on my set. I can't believe having a child renders you unable to text someone you've known for 25 years.

Getting vomited from my relationship 10 months ago has really crimped by pipe.

At least I have the voices...

would really really recommend parkrun. Even if you're not in to running. They're organised runs all over the UK. Every sat at 9.30am. There's an amazing community at them and no shortage of good looking women!! Always tea and coffee afterwards which is a great opp to chat.

• Like 1

Why don't you join your local Kizomba dance class

My daughters are your age and get to meet close up, lots of new peeps.

It doesn't look too difficult now does it! B)

Please tell me that's a joke? :scare:

That's not dancing, ...that's just called "grinding" or getting jacked off no hands in your pants! :lol:

• Like 2

That's not dancing, ...that's just called "grinding" or getting jacked off no hands in your pants! :lol:

Sounds like a roundabout way of asking TT to grind on his daughters :blush:

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

Having a good slap around the chops with the old depression stick weilded by the misery monster at the moment.

I'm getting sick to death of spending every day alone and doing everything alone and not having a vocal conversation with anyone.

Everyone I have to converse with is always in a professional setting, university.

Really hard work trying to make new buddies in your middle 30s. No one's accepting new members to the buddy club, and are maxed out with kids and girlfriends/wives.

And to be honest, people tend to be wary of you - 35, single and no chums.

I've given up on my set. I can't believe having a child renders you unable to text someone you've known for 25 years.

Getting vomited from my relationship 10 months ago has really crimped by pipe.

At least I have the voices...

Where about's do you live fella? If your ever anywhere near Newcastle hit me up.

You're both welcome to my wife if you like, we're getting on each other nerves at the minute. She has a well paid job, but does get easily frustrated on car expenditure. Oh and she REALLY holds a grudge...I'm not really selling it here...cash your way too?

On a serious note, I'd come for drinks and friend making but Derby is a trek away.

• Like 1

I know that feeling. I'm 33 and a couple of my childhood close mates since having children have essentially dropped off the face of the earth, well apart from the cringe inducing facebook posts they make about their kid. I'm not holding it against them or anything before I'm judged, I understand and I'm just letting them crack on with it.

You're both welcome to my wife if you like, we're getting on each other nerves at the minute. She has a well paid job, but does get easily frustrated on car expenditure. Oh and she REALLY holds a grudge...I'm not really selling it here...cash your way too?

On a serious note, I'd come for drinks and friend making but Derby is a trek away.

Jay you know the rules. :nono:

Please take pictures of your wife with your username on a piece of paper next to her, ...then post a proper for sale advert in the relevant sub section, "For Sale" area or maybe the "Swap Shop". :D

• Like 6

That version's just to get your interest! :sweat:

The normal stuff is nowhere near as hot. . . . . . . . or so I've been told :unsure:

• Like 1