Issue with not receiving forum notifications

buster

Been told the issue lies with AOL but before I go off chasing them I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems and if they managed to remedy the fault and if poss how.

AOL seems to be a common factor with members who experience intermittent email notifications. There seems to be no consistency as to when and for how long notifications go awol.

They are being sent out from this end but go missing....

AOL seems to be a common factor with members who experience intermittent email notifications. There seems to be no consistency as to when and for how long notifications go awol.

They are being sent out from this end but go missing....

I'm sorry I can't help with the original question however Lexx your answer made me laugh.... Maybe AOL needs to rebrand to AWOL :lol:

America Was Online maybe :lol:

There's two other members who've flagged the same issue, both with America Off Line :(

If you're an aol customer but have access to another email address, suggest switching your forum email notifications over to the other one.

I'm with Gmail and Sky and are not receiving notifications in either tapatalk or via email

I assume you've gone into "My Settings" -> "Notification Options" and configured it correctly?

E.g. Checked boxes for:

Box 1 in the screenshot, "Send me any updates by the community administrator"

And

You've checked email in Box 2 in the screenshot, for at least some emails?

And

I would also suggest checking Box 3 and set the drop down to "Immediate", this should generate significant email traffic.

Obviously you'll need to click "Save Changes" too.

IMG_1884.jpg_zpsygxjnwpz.png

+1 On gmail not being reliable.

Interesting to hear the same issue for another gmail user. I use gmail and find it to be solid, I can't recall missing a PM notification.

Off the top of your head, can you remember if it's one particular type of notification (e.g. for PMs or for quotes etc)? Or randomly across the board?

+1 On gmail not being reliable.

Interesting to hear the same issue for another gmail user. I use gmail and find it to be solid, I can't recall missing a PM notification.

Off the top of your head, can you remember if it's one particular type of notification (e.g. for PMs or for quotes etc)? Or randomly across the board?

Random.....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:thumbs:

there's your answer folks

if you still insist on using aol :wacko: (although most of us have moved on from the 1980's :p ) - create a another email address with another online supplier and as has been said before ....... jobs a carrot

:thumbs:

there's your answer folks

if you still insist on using aol :wacko: (although most of us have moved on from the 1980's :p ) - create a another email address with another online supplier and as has been said before ....... jobs a carrot

What's the gmail answer then Mr 2000's ;)

Never really looked into it myself, as I just get notifs on my phone. But on gmail, it's fully random, like I get emails for quotes and PM's, but they could come through today, but the notif was about 3-7 days ago.

AOL . . . :lol:

Are you two stuck in 1983 :stir:

Doubtful as AOL was only founded in 1985, ...na na na na na. :p:lol:

Yes I still use AOL. :blush::thumbdown:

Ahem . . .

"AOL began in 1983, as a short-lived venture called Control Video Corporation (or CVC)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOL

. . . . . na na na na na :p

I understand a lot of people believe "Wikipedia" to be correct on everything but according to AOL themselves...

Landmarks in AOL's First 25 Years

Here are key dates in the history of AOL:

1985: AOL is born (then called Quantum Computer Services)

1989: Members hear "Welcome! You've got mail!" for the first time

1989: Instant Messenger launches

1991: Quantum is renamed America Online, Inc.

1992: AOL goes public on NASDAQ (symbol AMER)

1993: AOL surpasses 500,000 members

1993: Disk mailings make AOL a household name

1994: First advertisers appear on AOL

1995: AOL reaches 1 million members, AOL.com is launched

1995: AOL Germany is launched as AOL's first international venture

1996: AOL moves to the NYSE under the symbol "AOL" and reaches 5 million members

1996: Running Man debuts on Instant Messenger

1996: AOL Canada, UK and France launch

1998: AOL acquires CompuServe

1998: The movie "You've Got Mail" with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan is released

1998: AOL's Buddy List Network enters the Smithsonian's permanent collection

1999: AOL acquires Netscape and Moviefone

2000: AOL acquires MapQuest

2001: AOL and Time Warner merge

2002: Five million members download AOL 8.0 software in two weeks

2003: AOL blocks 2 billion spam e-mail messages in one day

2004: AOL acquires Advertising.com

2005: AOL become the first Internet company to win an Emmy for online programming with its coverage of the global Live8 concerts

2005: Revitalized AOL.com launches, providing Web users free access to much of AOL's content

2006: America Online, Inc. officially changes its name to AOL LLC

2006: AOL begins offering its e-mail, software, content and most of its services free to Web users

2007: AOL launches more than a dozen new targeted sites and relaunches a dozen existing sites

2008: AOL launches 14 downloadable apps for the iPhone, including AIM for iPhone, one of the most popular free apps

2009: AOL Running Man inducted into the Madison Avenue Advertising Walk of Fame

2009: AOL begins trading on the NYSE after separating from Time Warner

2010: Lifestream available as standalone product for desktop, as well as iPhone and Android

Source: http://corp.aol.com/2010/05/24/youve-got-25-years-aol-celebrates-25th-anniversary-with-bi/

:p:teeth:

Can we just agree though that it is cr*p? :lol: I should know I'm still using it. :blush: