Things to do on the Isle of Wight?

mattross1313

Afternoon folks,

As the title suggests, looking for things to do at the Isle of Wight if anyone has been. We are taking an impromptu trip over there for the weekend, got Ferry and B&B all sorted. Any suggestions on good (and cheap) things to do? The OH wants to go to Osborne House? (sounds boring, but could help if the weather is poor :lol: ). There is also talk of a donkey Sanctuary :D

I have also found folks recommending the A3055 coast road to the South West - as Sunday will hopefully a good day to stretch the legs on the '70 B)

Cheers, Matt!

Things to do on the Isle of Wight?

Wait for the 21st century to arrive ? ;)

Ryde is ok , but there isnt a great deal to do and it takes ages to get anywhere on the island because the roads are awful

• Like 2

I guess it depends on whether you're into the whole blue rinse brigade thing.....if it floats your boat you'll have a whale of time there :D

Edit: Last thing I heard from my folks over there is half of the islands' attractions have been closed down and Lord help you if you need medical care whilst there!

Edited by Kraziekatz1

Best thing there for me was the model village. Which is a model of the village where the model village is and in the model village is a model of the model village. Confused ?? I think ive confused myself. But on a serious note its brilliant and deserves a visit

• Like 1

There's quite a few things to see and have a nose at. The model village at Godshill, Brading Roman Villa, Carisbrooke Castle etc.

If you fancy going anywhere for some decent nosh you could try The Pointer Inn at Newchurch (near Sandown), The Spyglass Inn in Ventnor or the Crab and Lobster at Bembridge

Go to Blackgang Chine :lol: . . . or has that fallen in the sea yet? :stir:

I was thinking that too! It was still there when I was 5 (36 years ago) :lol:

You must have gone the same time as me then . . was about that long ago :lol:

• Like 2

I see what you mean about this now :lol:

Had a pretty busy weekend but managed to see a lot of the cheap/free stuff on the island. The road from Blackgang round to the Needles was lovely to drive and surprisingly managed a clear run! everywhere else was slow going. Would've been a but nicer if it was sunny, but we made the most of it despite the cold and wind. But at least it didn't rain :)

Quick picture from when we got a small bit of blue sky :D

IoW-Pier.png

Best thing there for me was the model village. Which is a model of the village where the model village is and in the model village is a model of the model village. Confused ?? I think ive confused myself. But on a serious note its brilliant and deserves a visit

I tried to explain this to the misses, it took a few goes :lol: But it was early on the Saturday and we were both sleepy.

I was thinking that too! It was still there when I was 5 (36 years ago) :lol:

You must have gone the same time as me then . . was about that long ago :lol:

It was still there in 1989 when I went with school.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a day trip over there last year while visiting a friend in Portsmouth.

The needles was good & the chairlift ride is nice.

There was a water/light show thingy that we went to see at the end of the day which was good.

Didnt get a chance to see the model village

We also went to Sandown for a bit and had hot fresh donuts walking along the beach :)